Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best/Worst team to come to your ground? Watch

ReputationRep:
    simple , out of all the teams who have come to your ground this season , which has been the best and which have been the worst?

best

got to be Palace , i was impressed with Palace that day even though they only won 1-0

worst

got to be between Hull and Blackburn - for us to be 3-0 up in 10 minutes against any side was just remarkable and i felt Blackburn lacked quality , just didnt see them scoring.

ReputationRep:
    for league 2

BEST - Bradford or cheltenham (at their place, missed the home game) - wasent overly impressed with port vale or gillingham

WORST - either accrington , york or (strange considering their league position) burton

ReputationRep:
    Best: Probably Swansea surprisingly who played us off the park and won 2-0 but we have to play Utd yet. Spurs got hammered, Chelsea were as poor as we were but nicked it 2-1 anyway, City were playing against 10 men for 80 minutes and werent that impressive. Shout out to Liverpool and Fulham too though, and even Newcastle who got hammered 7-3 in the end but gave as good as they got for 70 minutes.

Worst: Reading last weekend were pure ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Best: Probably Swansea surprisingly who played us off the park and won 2-0 but we have to play Utd yet. Spurs got hammered, Chelsea were as poor as we were but nicked it 2-1 anyway, City were playing against 10 men for 80 minutes and werent that impressive. Shout out to Liverpool and Fulham too though, and even Newcastle who got hammered 7-3 in the end but gave as good as they got for 70 minutes.

Worst: Reading last weekend were pure ****.
    But what about Southampton ealier this season, it was 6-1. Could have been much more, terrific display from the gunners while Soton just weren't good enough.

ReputationRep:
    Best: Chelsea. Mata especially was amazing that day.

Worst: Coventry. Cup 3rd round, shadow of the side that beat us in 1987. Don't think they had a chance all game.

ReputationRep:
    Best: Going on results i'd have to say Chelsea. They won 4-0 and scored some screamers.

Worst: There is quite a few. Swansea were terrible and looked devoid of ideas and defensively they were clueless. Fulham fit into similar category at Swansea. But the stand out team were Reading. Truly and utterly woeful. It isn't often that a Stoke team outpasses anybody but we looked comfortable for the full 90 minutes. Reading offered nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Best: Bayern easy
    Worst: Between Southampton and Reading

ReputationRep:
    Best: Tottenham ... played some very good football and beat us 3-2. We played well too though second half, very entertaining game

Worst: Probably Wigan or QPR, they were terrible as ever. Or possibly Arsenal, the fact we only beat them 2-1 in the end was no indication of the match. They played even worse than the team that lost 8-2 the year before, we just weren't clinical in front of goal at all this time.

Best: Close between Barca and Juve... I'll go for Juventus because I didn't go to the Barca game. They didn't have particularly much of the ball (55/45% in our favour I'd say), instead they gave us space to pass it across our defence and have useless possession. However we couldn't get in behind them and were restricted to shots from 25 yards and one header. They were doing plenty of grappling in the box and various Italian Defensive Dark Arts, but were solid at the back and completely devastated us on the counter. A very intelligent, quality side.

Worst: Worst I was at was against Raith Rovers. The gulf in class was ridiculous, their fans were cheering when they won throw ins in our half and Hooper scored 4 times. Honourable mention goes to Inter, who were distinctly average in a preseason friendly and had to rely on a last minute equaliser. They've really fallen horribly from grace since 2009-10.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Worst: QPR, poor fans, one brought a knife and stabbed one of our fans
    Best: Unsure, probably AEK Athens, Hibbert's testimonial, was a great night for our fans (Not League/Cup Game though)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.