Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Going travelling to SE Asia in 2 weeks! Could anybody who's been to Laos give me a little insight in to the country? Recommended places? Did you enjoy it? Places to avoid?

ReputationRep:
    Hello Ella, I've just returned from Thailand. Recommended places are Koh Tao, Koh Phangan (for full moon - stay at Dancing Elephant hostel), Koh Phi Phi (stay at Lucky Hostel), Bangkok, Chaing Mai (try be there for April 12th - 15th for Thai new year, big water fight in streerts), go to Khao Sok national park and do the Rajapheraba Dam tour where you stay in lake houses. I'd go onto Cambodia visit Siam Rep and Sihanoukville (Midnight Rock on Otres Beach). Heard Vietnam and Laos are a must too but not been so personally don't have much advice. I'd do Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia - Bali to be precise. I'm so jealous - have an amazing time! Best thing i've ever done you will meet amazing people!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllaBella<3)
    Going travelling to SE Asia in 2 weeks! Could anybody who's been to Laos give me a little insight in to the country? Recommended places? Did you enjoy it? Places to avoid?
    If you're at 'that' stage of life, Vang Vieng is a must.

On the other hand, if even photos of that place make you cringe...then i can assure you it is 100x worse in real life...and advise you to give the place a very wide berth. You can avoid 95% of the tourists (and 100% of 'those' tourists) by going north, south, east or west The hills of the north are stunning, as are the 4000 Islands in the south. You can easily get to the north overland from Thailand. The south? A good hit of valium will make the bus journey bearable...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.