Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date a Foriegner.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    So would you date a person not from your country?
    Do you?
    Is it a realistic chance to have a proper relationship knowing they will leave in a few years...

*Why does anything related to the word foreigner make you a racist...apologies if it's offended you.

ReputationRep:
    I would never 'hit' a foreigner

ReputationRep:
    Why are you asking this question....

ReputationRep:
    I studied in the UK, and was the foreigner in a relationship. We put a deadline on it, and both knew that when I went back to my country, our relationship was done. Turns out, after I went back and we had broken up, neither of us wanted to be apart and we decided to try long distance. Going steady, and probably will for the rest of our lives.

I've actually found that dating someone from a different country creates incredible conversations to begin with, because there are so many differences in the way that society is and children are raised. You really learn just how ignorant you were before you met this person.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? Oh my days.

ReputationRep:
    Sure. My mum is a matrimonial lawyer and is always warning me about having children with someone from a country who is not signed up the Hague Convention because if they take the child back to their native country, it is very difficult to get them back. But that's not something you consider when you first get together with someone.

ReputationRep:
    Veiled-racism much?

Stupid question, if you like each other, why the hell not? Nothing lasts forever anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I HAVE dated someone from another country, and I'd say its a very interesting experience, it opens your eyes to other cultures, languages and ways of life

though when the ******* cheats on you and dates another foreigner it's a bit of a let down....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future African game vet)
    I HAVE dated someone from another country, and I'd say its a very interesting experience, it opens your eyes to other cultures, languages and ways of life

though when the ******* cheats on you and dates another foreigner it's a bit of a let down....

Awww sorry that happened to you

ReputationRep:
    I'm a foreigner, so yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    Veiled-racism much?
    Christ on a bike, he could be talking about ****ing Canadians. His point is "s/he can be anticipated as likely to leave the country and perhaps at an already determined point", a circumstance much less likely in a black lass from Bromley.

Anyway, when at university I used to chase the Erasmus students precisely because they could be relied upon to bugger off, god bless 'em. They were chiefly white but I'll cheerfully mix it up all ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Christ on a bike, he could be talking about ****ing Canadians. His point is "s/he can be anticipated as likely to leave the country and perhaps at an already determined point", a circumstance much less likely in a black lass from Bromley.

Anyway, when at university I used to chase the Erasmus students precisely because they could be relied upon to bugger off, god bless 'em. They were chiefly white but I'll cheerfully mix it up all ways.
    Hey now, watch who you call a ****ing Canadian!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canadamoose)
    hey now, watch who you call a ****ing canadian!
    hi fellow canadian!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canadamoose)
    Hey now, watch who you call a ****ing Canadian!
    possibly ****ing was here a verb in the present continuous (i.e. "he could have been talking about having sex with Canadians").

It wasn't, mind.

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me out im new how do open a new thread
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Future African game vet)

Sounds about right... I dated one only to find out that she also had a boyfriend back home...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natninja)
    Sounds about right... I dated one only to find out that she also had a boyfriend back home...
    sorry to hear that man x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Christ on a bike, he could be talking about ****ing Canadians.
    Cheers mate

ReputationRep:
    I would with someone from the colonies. They'd also need to be purebloods as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    I would with someone from the colonies. They'd also need to be purebloods as well.
    How do you know they're "purebloods"?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.