Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am torn between Sony alpha77 and Canon 60D... They are both intermediate cameras. I have read a lot of reviews about both of them but cant decide.

Do you think Electronic View Finder in A77 will be useful?

Anyone who owns this/had played around with give me some advice on it?

ReputationRep:
    Well one is obviously a semitranslucent mirror and the other is a full shutter type. One has and EVF and the other is optical.

Not owned either tbh and with Jessops going down the pan you can't even try them hands on.

I did use an early EVF on a video camera but it's not the same I guess. I'd rather have optical anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Bare in mind there's £100 cashback on the Nikon D7000 at the moment. So that's also an option.

http://www.nikon.co.uk/sites/cashbac...-spring13.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbunhead)
    I am torn between Sony alpha77 and Canon 60D... They are both intermediate cameras. I have read a lot of reviews about both of them but cant decide.

Do you think Electronic View Finder in A77 will be useful?

Anyone who owns this/had played around with give me some advice on it?
    Canon has the greater range of lenses. So I would go with the Canon. The 60D is a pretty nice camera, just dont regret not going full frame too soon.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.