The Student Room Group

Means tested and DSA

Hi,

Im a first year student, just applied for my SF for next year. Unfortunately as I went through the form it didn't take my parents income into consideration and i've been given £2000 less, and no grant which I should be entitled to, than last year and what was being offered (due to skipping back to find incomes for the slider at the end) of which I can't live on. I sent off the paper versions of the income for means tested forms and wondered when that will be sorted?

I am also waiting on a dsa application for this academic year 12/13, have already sorted 13/14, and been told there is a month and a half waiting list for this year applications? Is it still that long? As I sent it in March meaning it will be processed in May, when I'd of finished my first year.. And the same information was sent to you for the 13/14 form and was accepted within a month and was told by my uni it would take no more than a month.

Have also contacted numerous times for both problems but the response is that they haven't got the access to change what I am asking and that they're sorting it by date yet my other dsa application was sorted in a month.

Thanks
Beth
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi Beth,

With regard to your income assessment can you confirm that you've sent both the student form to change to being income assessed and the parents details forms too. If so how long ago did you send these?

Initial DSA student applications do take quite a while to be fully processed due to the number of different stages the application has to go through in order to be successful. Continuing student applications are much shorter which is why your 2nd year one has gone through faster.

If you would like to query the timescale directly with our DSA team you can do this by emailing them at [email protected]

Thanks,
Mark-Lee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending