At the moment I am studying BTEC level 3 at North Hertfordshire College, and I will finish next year.
I do have several questions I would like to ask you about student finance to make sure that I am capable of studying:
1. Originally I am from Lithuania, I have been living in the UK for the past 3 years. Am I eligible to receive the following: Maintenance Loan, Maintenance Grant, or both?
2. If I am eligible to receive money that helps me with my living costs, what kind of documents do I need to provide? I am currently renting a room in Hitchin, and I am unemployed, but i worked before. My father is dead, my mother lives in Lithuania, but she was here in the UK and she was working for over a year from 2011-05 to 2012-08, and she received P60. Do i need to provide it as well?
Thank you for your time.
Mainance loan\grant watch
- Thread Starter
- 03-04-2013 14:21
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
- 231 followers
- 2 badges
- Send a private message to Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Offline2ReputationRep:Official TSR Representative
- Official TSR Representative
- 03-04-2013 17:07
1. If you will be studying an eligible course you will be able to apply for tuition a fee loan, maintenance loan and maintenance grant based on household income.
2. To qualify for the grant your Mum will need to provide her income information from the 11/12 tax year. She will also need to provide her National Insurance Number and proof that she is a single person.
Hope this helps,