Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    At the moment I am studying BTEC level 3 at North Hertfordshire College, and I will finish next year.
    I do have several questions I would like to ask you about student finance to make sure that I am capable of studying:
    1. Originally I am from Lithuania, I have been living in the UK for the past 3 years. Am I eligible to receive the following: Maintenance Loan, Maintenance Grant, or both?
    2. If I am eligible to receive money that helps me with my living costs, what kind of documents do I need to provide? I am currently renting a room in Hitchin, and I am unemployed, but i worked before. My father is dead, my mother lives in Lithuania, but she was here in the UK and she was working for over a year from 2011-05 to 2012-08, and she received P60. Do i need to provide it as well?

    Thank you for your time.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Tomis,

    1. If you will be studying an eligible course you will be able to apply for tuition a fee loan, maintenance loan and maintenance grant based on household income.

    2. To qualify for the grant your Mum will need to provide her income information from the 11/12 tax year. She will also need to provide her National Insurance Number and proof that she is a single person.

    Hope this helps,
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.