Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I feel like I'm going to fail school my GCSEs are terrible the only good subjects that I am good at are maths and science i have such a passion for theses subjects but can never pass the exam I know the entire syllabus inside out but I am never pushed in lessons or anything. I really want to be a scientist but I will never be able to because of my inability to pass exams. In maths I got board of doing GCSE level so I got a as textbook and the teacher screamed at me and told me that I won't be doing that sort of maths but yet I get the right answers. I am so confused what should i do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Many people (myself included) struggle with exams. Sometimes it's simply the exam technique (I found that with Geography).

Regardless of your result, you have a passion for Maths and Science. Nothing can stop you if you want to succeed. For now, practice exam past papers and then you're free to roam at college. The opportunities are far greater (eg diploma).

Good luck! You'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanej13)
    Hey, I feel like I'm going to fail school my GCSEs are terrible the only good subjects that I am good at are maths and science i have such a passion for theses subjects but can never pass the exam I know the entire syllabus inside out but I am never pushed in lessons or anything. I really want to be a scientist but I will never be able to because of my inability to pass exams. In maths I got board of doing GCSE level so I got a as textbook and the teacher screamed at me and told me that I won't be doing that sort of maths but yet I get the right answers. I am so confused what should i do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It might not seem ideal but have you tried speaking to your teachers? Or asking your parents to speak to them? If they aren't supporting or pushing you enough then this should be discussed with the staff involved. On a more individual basis, I would advise continuing with the ambitious things you are doing - getting hold of higher level text books if you are beyond what is being taught in your GCSE lessons, however during exam season, make sure you do focus on the exams at hand, do plenty of practice papers so you know what to expect, and mark them yourself from the online marking scheme so you get a better idea of what the examiners want in terms of wording etc.

Most importantly, when the time comes, keep calm and try to remember that the next two years can offer you more promising prospects - you have plenty of options and will be able to pursue those subjects that you are passionate about, and these exams are a chance to shine!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.