Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How common are they?

I have a caution and wondering how often I will have to bring it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrislpp)
    How common are they?

I have a caution and wondering how often I will have to bring it up.
    They wont do a CRB check and it isn't called that anymore. Its called DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).

DBS is only for people working with vulnerable people, therefore you need not to worry.

However, you may be asked for a security check if you are working in the nuclear industry or weapons industry. Then they will see your caution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharp910sh)
    They wont do a CRB check and it isn't called that anymore. Its called DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).

DBS is only for people working with vulnerable people, therefore you need not to worry.

However, you may be asked for a security check if you are working in the nuclear industry or weapons industry. Then they will see your caution.
    Good thing I never want to work in those sectors, despite the salaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrislpp)
    Good thing I never want to work in those sectors, despite the salaries.
    What sector are you working in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharp910sh)
    What sector are you working in?
    I have no plans to work in high power energy, such as nuclear, or in defense/weapons. But it's not a bar to entry, so if it comes up, I'll just disclose at interview.

ReputationRep:
    Many engineering firms will require that you are Security cleared as they often deal with technology that is to some degree classified, normally up to SC (security clearance) or DV (developed vetting).

If you work in an industry that is not involved in national defence you may still find they require the employees are security cleared depending on the sectors you are working in. Aviation industry as an example will more than likely require security clearance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.