The Student Room Group

Entry Requirements for LSE 2014

Hi everyone, I'm new to the the Student Room and I wanted to ask for advice from all you experienced people who have applied to LSE. Here's my question--> Would my qualifications be appropriate to study Economics Bsc at LSE. Here are my qualifications;

IGCSE's (Im an international student)
1) Turkish A* 2) Mathematics A* 3) Physics A* 4) Chemistry A*
5) English ESL A 6) Biology A 7) Economics B 8)English O Level C

My predicted A Level Results are;
1) Mathematics A* 2) Physics A 3) Chemistry A (I do realise A Level Further Pure Maths is highly recommended but my college doesn't provide any kind of lesson, would I be disadvantaged against other students whose colleges provide FPM A Level, would I even stand a chance of receiving an offer from the univeristy.

Predicted IELTS score is 7.5

I also have some work experience working at an Office Supply Store. I am also an alumni of a bicommunual programme focused between the Turkish speaking and Greek speaking Cypiots.

Will these qualifications be suitable to get into LSE?

HELP HELP HELP HELP ADVICE !!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Tregor
Hi everyone, I'm new to the the Student Room and I wanted to ask for advice from all you experienced people who have applied to LSE. Here's my question--> Would my qualifications be appropriate to study Economics Bsc at LSE. Here are my qualifications;

IGCSE's (Im an international student)
1) Turkish A* 2) Mathematics A* 3) Physics A* 4) Chemistry A*
5) English ESL A 6) Biology A 7) Economics B 8)English O Level C

My predicted A Level Results are;
1) Mathematics A* 2) Physics A 3) Chemistry A (I do realise A Level Further Pure Maths is highly recommended but my college doesn't provide any kind of lesson, would I be disadvantaged against other students whose colleges provide FPM A Level, would I even stand a chance of receiving an offer from the univeristy.

Predicted IELTS score is 7.5

I also have some work experience working at an Office Supply Store. I am also an alumni of a bicommunual programme focused between the Turkish speaking and Greek speaking Cypiots.

Will these qualifications be suitable to get into LSE?

HELP HELP HELP HELP ADVICE !!!!

The requirements are A*(maths)AA for economics so you definitely meet that, in terms of further maths I don't do further but i'm applying to LSE for maths+econ so that shouldn't be a problem

I think you'll be fine in terms of courses to get in :smile:
Further is desirable but not required!

Quick Reply

Latest