Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I have just set up my application but I didn't see anywhere where it said to take my household income into account so now I cannot apply for the full maintenance loan or grant.

When I imported my details from the SF calculator, I didn't know my mothers income so I left it thinking I could edit it later and left it blank.

Is there any way I can start my application again, what do I have to do for it to take my household income into consideration?

I just can't see anywhere where I can correct it or import new details from my SF calculator? If I update it now, will it change on my application?
    Thankyou!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Kyle,

You should still have been able to apply for the maintenance loan regardless of whether you chose to be income assessed or not. The option to request it is literally next to the tuition fee loan request box.

On the 'your estimate' page you are asked if you want to 'continue based on household income' and then you are asked again above the Submit Application button.

Did you see these links?

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    I imported my details from SF calculator but hadn't put in my parents earnings as I didn't know them, thinking I could review the details on the next page so it just bypassed it and I wasn't given the option to have my household income assessed.

I had already submitted my application by the time I realised. I can't find the page you're on about now because I pressed submit. Is there any way it can be changed for household income to be assessed once it has been submitted?
    My application says this now:

"From the information you have provided so far, you may be entitled to the following student finance for 2013/14. This does not take your household income into account"

How can I change it so that I apply for the Maintenance Grant as well?
    I heard I may have to do it manually and send it off with my declaration.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.