Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I've just found a course that I would have rather put (IT management for business) instead of some of my choices . Sad times.

    Anyway, I am going on a gap year next academic year so my question is what is the earliest time I can apply for UNI for the courses starting in 2014? How do I get college references when I am not attending college?

    Lastly, there is a chance that I won't go on a gap year and I was wondering if I could apply for a course during clearing while holding onto my other offers.
    • Thread Starter

    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    You can apply now. If you know you prefer this course to any of your current choices then contact the uni now to ask if they'll consider your application via Extra for 2014 entry. To apply via Extra though you MUST decline your other offers - same for Clearing.

    If not then you'll have to wait until UCAS open for applications in September (I think Apply opens in July time for you to complete your PS/education section/send to your referee etc but you can't send it in until early Sept).

    Speak to your college about how they'd like to provide you with a reference - every college handles this stuff differently so you have to find out directly from them how they want to do it.
What's the best type of cheese?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.