Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My name is Alissa Kamilova. I am originally from Bulgaria, but I moved to Mexico 15 years ago. I hold my EU citizenship (and have my passport and ID) but I have not been a resident there for the past 15 years.

About two months ago I posted this question in the Student Finance facebook page, and the answer I got was that I could apply with no problems. However, now that it is finally April, I can't seem to apply! I try and start an account with my UCAS details, and I complete some of the information, and it produces some kind of error. Since during this time I was not given a reference number or anything of the sort, I can't log in again!

I will keep trying of course, but I really need to know if I can actually apply, because Student Finance Wales and Student Finance Scotland does not consider me to be an eligible candidate, according to the specifications on their webpage.

I already hold 5 unconditional offers and I would really like to apply for student finance.

Kind regards,
    • Official TSR Representative

Official TSR Representative
    Hi Alissa,

If you have been resident outside the EU for the previous 15 years you won't be eligible to receive student finance from SFE either unfortunately.

To qualify for a tuition fee loan you would need to have been resident within the EU for 3 years prior to applying.

How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.