Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm making Essex my firm choice so I've been checking accommodation recently and I really like the Towers.
    Can anybody tell me what is the difference between North and South Towers (except for the price)?

ReputationRep:
    i think it is the amount of people within each flat, ive been looking at these two types of accomodation and thats all that i can come up with

hope this helps xxx

ReputationRep:
    I live in South Towers at the moment, but have friends in North Towers as well.

South Towers has/is:
    16 people per flat
    4 toilets
    2 showers
    1 minute walk from central campus
    Much larger kitchen (better for flat parties)

North Towers:
    12 people per flat
    4 toilets
    2 showers
    3/4 minute walk from central campus
    much smaller kitchen with only one entrance, and there's a lot more corridors.

Honestly, the price difference you'll pay is not worth it, south towers are where you want to be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABCDemily)
    I live in South Towers at the moment, but have friends in North Towers as well.

South Towers has/is:
    16 people per flat
    4 toilets
    2 showers
    1 minute walk from central campus
    Much larger kitchen (better for flat parties)

North Towers:
    12 people per flat
    4 toilets
    2 showers
    3/4 minute walk from central campus
    much smaller kitchen with only one entrance, and there's a lot more corridors.

Honestly, the price difference you'll pay is not worth it, south towers are where you want to be!
    so undecided whether to go into the towers or south courts! do you know what the social life is like in the courts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foodnom)
    so undecided whether to go into the towers or south courts! do you know what the social life is like in the courts?
    There isn't really one. It's between 2-6 people per flat, with a very high amount of international students which aren't always renowned for their partying antics. Noise complaints are also pretty rife. The price you'll pay for a slightly mouldier existence in the Towers compare to the Courts was enough to make my mind up, that's for sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABCDemily)
    There isn't really one. It's between 2-6 people per flat, with a very high amount of international students which aren't always renowned for their partying antics. Noise complaints are also pretty rife. The price you'll pay for a slightly mouldier existence in the Towers compare to the Courts was enough to make my mind up, that's for sure!
    see that makes me want to stay in the towers! what is it like sharing a bathroom with so many people though?

ReputationRep:
    see that makes me want to stay in the towers! what is it like sharing a bathroom with so many people though?
    I'm the only girl on my side of the flat (yup, I share with 7 other guys!) and it's always clean and I've never had to wait for a shower/to use the loo (they're separate from each other), and if you do have to wait, just use the other one!

ReputationRep:
    When I visited the Uni (History applicant here) I saw the accommodation in South Towers and oh my god the Kitchen is massive and has great views out of the massive windows. I'm definitely going to apply for South Towers, hope that helps ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jameseph)
    When I visited the Uni (History applicant here) I saw the accommodation in South Towers and oh my god the Kitchen is massive and has great views out of the massive windows. I'm definitely going to apply for South Towers, hope that helps ahah
    Hey, I've applied for History and Modern languages so maybe we'll have some lessons together. And I've decided for South Towers. Cannot wait for uni adventure

ReputationRep:
    I honestly prefer South Courts.. I've had a pretty good social life here and would count all my flatmates as close friends now .. it all depends if you prefer non stop partying if so towers is for you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.