Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am planning to travel to Ireland in the coming weeks but my passport expires on Tuesday. I am most defiantly unsure on whether or not i can get a new one in time. Is there any other form of ID I can use. All i have is a Young Persons Bus Concession pass. I don't have a student card or a Young Scot card or a provisional or full driving licence as i am too young for one.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmarussell55)
    I am planning to travel to Ireland in the coming weeks but my passport expires on Tuesday. I am most defiantly unsure on whether or not i can get a new one in time. Is there any other form of ID I can use. All i have is a Young Persons Bus Concession pass. I don't have a student card or a Young Scot card or a provisional or full driving licence as i am too young for one.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Well, you can drive down/bus down across the Northern Ireland border into the south without need for ID, I assume you would need one though for ferries.

ReputationRep:
    You need a passport or driving license.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=621781

ReputationRep:
    Check the airlines rules. I know flybe lets you travel on a passport that has recently expired for domestic flights.

And according to this http://www.aerlingus.com/i18n/en/htm...formation.html aerlingus accept bus passes on domestic flights.

I think ferries would be ok with the bus pass as well but you'd have to check.

If you do go, I'd find evidence the company lets you online, print it off and take it with you just in case there are any problems.

ReputationRep:
    If you are flying with Ryanair, you need a Passport. If you are using another airline, you need a Passport of Photocard Driving Licence. If you are using the ferry, you can use either a Passport, Driving Licence, Bank Card, Birth Cert, College ID or a Bus Pass. This appieds if you are a Irish or UK Citizen and you must be born in the UK or Ireland. If you are not a UK/Irish Citizen, then you must be in possession of a Passport. Passport checks are not done between Ireland and the UK as we live in a Common Travel Area.

ReputationRep:
    I know my boyfriend's mum regularly travels to Ireland and she has gone on a bus pass before lol. If you're going by car/ferry then guessing they wouldn't check for a passport anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Travel_Area

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.