Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Those with A* in AQA English Literature A: Love Through the Ages - how did you do it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone who got an A* have any advice about how to revise for this exam?

What were the most useful things you did to prepare for it?

Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I'm doing A2 at the minute, got an A last year and I'm predicted a high A this year (missed out on the A* percentage by one mark last year ).

Basically I practice doing loads of exam papers and getting my teachers to mark them. I also practice annotating random bits of poems and plays (ones I didn't do at GCSE, random ones around the house) to make sure I can pick out loads of techniques quickly to save reading time in the exam.

This is the slightly dubious bit, which isn't really how it's supposed to be done For wider reading, I pick roughly 2 or 3 books, 2 poems and 2 plays which cover loads of the themes, and are ones which I love (and can therefore easily think of quotes). I then make a quote bank with the most useful quotes from them and fit them into the exam. I then can work out whether I'm going to use them as a contrast or comparison to the extract. I often choose post-modern or unusual wider reading texts so I can show changing attitudes towards love through time, or show an unusual attitude. This isn't really the way to do it, but I personally struggle to remember lots of quotations, especially if I don't like the texts.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 4, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.