Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know that a pupillage lasts 12 months, and a training contract usually 24 months but Does anyone have any idea how many hours a day/week a pupillage or a training contract is???

ReputationRep:
    You work full time as a trainee barrister or solicitor, so your hours are the same as a fully qualified barrister or solicitor's would be (solicitor's are usually around 8.30am - 6pm five or six days a week, but longer hours and even all nighters in the office during busy periods aren't unheard of). Both jobs are long hours and hard work and when you're completing your pupillage or training contract you will be expected to work just as hard as a fully qualified member of staff would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessica_T)
    You work full time as a trainee barrister or solicitor, so your hours are the same as a fully qualified barrister or solicitor's would be (solicitor's are usually around 8.30am - 6pm five or six days a week, but longer hours and even all nighters in the office during busy periods aren't unheard of). Both jobs are long hours and hard work and when you're completing your pupillage or training contract you will be expected to work just as hard as a fully qualified member of staff would.
    Thanks, do you know f it would be possible for me to complete a part-time Masters alongside this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakiaC)
    Thanks, do you know f it would be possible for me to complete a part-time Masters alongside this?
    No, that wouldn't be possible. You'll be working full time, at very least 40 hours a week. Do a Masters before your TC or pupillage - some LPC providers (eg University of Law) now do a combined LPC and LLM qualification (you just do the LPC plus a dissertation), but to be honest a master's degree wouldn't make you any more employable - you might as well just do your degree then go into practice for all the extra time and expense a master's degree would entail (unless you want a career as an academic, or unless you do the combined LPC and LLM).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakiaC)
    I know that a pupillage lasts 12 months, and a training contract usually 24 months but Does anyone have any idea how many hours a day/week a pupillage or a training contract is???
    In my city firm (top ten, top five or best in some areas), probably at least 10 hours/day average (9:30-7:30). But not usually weekends.

Again, sometimes 14 hours or more and occasionally weekends. It does vary from one practice area to another.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.