Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

That relationship you just explained is very confusing and i'm sure incestuious.

I can imagine it is quite amusing for the "daddies" to pull their "daughters" hehe. Keep him on a tight leash.
    I don't think it's incestuous. People marry their brothers though - that's bad! Overall the system is good though. Only one dad pulled his daughter in Freshers' week; not sure how many others have happened since. My dad pulled my friend, but not me!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I've heard of the family system used in Oxford, it's a very good idea.

Here at our CS and Maths Department there is a PASS system - basically 1/2 2nd years get assigned to a group of 1st years, and every Wednesday afternoon attend PASS sessions where they could iron out any problems, in addition to completing an exercise every week.

(Original post by Icarus)
    Hmm, I've heard of the family system used in Oxford, it's a very good idea.

Here at our CS and Maths Department there is a PASS system - basically 1/2 2nd years get assigned to a group of 1st years, and every Wednesday afternoon attend PASS sessions where they could iron out any problems, in addition to completing an exercise every week.
    It concearns me that you could end up ironing out problems for me....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Hello all,
    I've decided to be a mentor for next years Freshers on the BA Econ degree at Manchester. Basically it means I get trained up a bit, and that I'll be assigned a group of about 10 Freshers. They will get a picture of me and my email address in the summer and will be able to email me with any questions they may have. I'll meet them all during Freshers week, take them for a campus tour, and then take them to a pub for a drink (paid for by the uni). Then, throughout the year, I'll keep in touch with them and check they are getting by ok.

Anyone been involved in a similar scheme?

Ed
    Ooooooh! Do you get any special powers? I hope Sheffield do a similiar thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Ooooooh! Do you get any special powers? I hope Sheffield do a similiar thing.
    I get to fly. My husband gets to be invisible.

(Original post by Helenia)
    I get to fly. My husband gets to be invisible.
    What no X-Ray vision?!?.... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    They will get a picture of me and my email address in the summer
    Lucky them!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.