Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I graduated last year and am struggling to get the sort of job I want, I have found some cheap training to help me secure a driving job. Has anyone know of any good recruitment agencies for basic jobs which involve driving cars or small vans/lorries?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by JapanfanDan)
    I graduated last year and am struggling to get the sort of job I want, I have found some cheap training to help me secure a driving job. Has anyone know of any good recruitment agencies for basic jobs which involve driving cars or small vans/lorries?
    Insurance usually makes employing under 25s impractical for driving jobs as far as I understand. It might be worth doing some checking to make sure you aren't chasing the impossible - unless you are over 25 of course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    Insurance usually makes employing under 25s impractical for driving jobs as far as I understand. It might be worth doing some checking to make sure you aren't chasing the impossible - unless you are over 25 of course!
    I agree.
    Check things out insurance wise first, before you start looking into jobs.
    Job wise- how about doing delivery driving for places like dominoes pizza etc.

ReputationRep:
    Domino's etc. will cover insurance for anyone over 18. Even if it's not what you're looking to do eventually it would be good experience!

ReputationRep:
    For places like Pizza Hut/Dominos, age isn't important to them insurance-wise but you have to own your own car and insure it yourself. They will cover you in an additional company insurance policy, but the car itself is your responsibility to tax, insure, MOT etc. Insurance costs may put off employers from driving their vans if you're a young driver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpicyStrawberry)
    For places like Pizza Hut/Dominos, age isn't important to them insurance-wise but you have to own your own car and insure it yourself. They will cover you in an additional company insurance policy, but the car itself is your responsibility to tax, insure, MOT etc. Insurance costs may put off employers from driving their vans if you're a young driver.
    It is important. The companies have a business insurance policy, which you can use while you are working (so that all their employees don't have to pay a lot extra on their own insurance premiums!). They generally cover 18+ in your own car, and company cars are 21+, company vans 25+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coldest1)
    It is important. The companies have a business insurance policy, which you can use while you are working (so that all their employees don't have to pay a lot extra on their own insurance premiums!). They generally cover 18+ in your own car, and company cars are 21+, company vans 25+
    Yeah that's what I meant - if its your car and not the companies age isn't as much of an issue but if the car/van is owned and insured by the company it is more of an issue. I'm only going off experiences of friends who have worked as delivery drivers in their own vehicles and age didn't matter to their employer because they weren't responsible for the vehicle itself, just the company insurance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.