Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hiya, ive started preparing a presentation for the UK EU referendum that david cameron said was gona happen if he stays on but my knowledge of UK politics is virtually non-existent Im gona be asked a lot of questions during and after the presentation, probably mostly opinion related ones, so if anyone could fire some random questions about the topic at me it might be good for my preparation much appreciated thanks

ReputationRep:
    Err, there has been no UK referendum on EU membership since 1975...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurtainrailMan)
    Err, there has been no UK referendum on EU membership since 1975...
    ah sorry what i meant was the referendum that could be held in a few years time if david cameron stays on

my presentation is mainly on the pros and cons of uk leaving the eu

ReputationRep:
    Ah, okay, that's a bit more straightforward!

Well, a BIT more straightforward...

This is one of those topics that is so heated that it is very difficult to find an unbiased source on it. I would recommend that if you want to at least try and stay balanced you read as much as you can on the subject from as many different sources as possible.

For getting a rough idea of what is going on, your best place to start, as always, is probably wikipedia. Then from there work onto the individual party websites and then try and substantiate what they have with EU and British government data if you can. (Sorry, don't know how much detail you want to go into!)

I try to follow politics as much as I can, so if you're really struggling you can PM me. (Prior warning of political bias: Left-leaning moderate europhile.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurtainrailMan)
    Ah, okay, that's a bit more straightforward!

Well, a BIT more straightforward...

This is one of those topics that is so heated that it is very difficult to find an unbiased source on it. I would recommend that if you want to at least try and stay balanced you read as much as you can on the subject from as many different sources as possible.

For getting a rough idea of what is going on, your best place to start, as always, is probably wikipedia. Then from there work onto the individual party websites and then try and substantiate what they have with EU and British government data if you can. (Sorry, don't know how much detail you want to go into!)

I try to follow politics as much as I can, so if you're really struggling you can PM me. (Prior warning of political bias: Left-leaning moderate europhile.)
    ok thanks a lot

do you think its a good idea to watch some of the related bbc videos after the PM's speech?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    ok thanks a lot

do you think its a good idea to watch some of the related bbc videos after the PM's speech?
    Yeah, definitely. But I would emphasise trying to put it in context. Simply putting editorials straight into a talk without relating it to anything isn't great. Try and understand what they're saying, and why they're saying it first.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.