Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark/ Nicki

I currently receive DLA, but as you may or may not be aware, this is being scrapped. I'll be reassessed in October for PIP (personal independence payment) and have a feeling I won't be eligible for it anymore. This hasn't been confirmed, but from the letters and reforms to welfare, it seems likely as the government is trying to cut the deficit.

The SFE application asks for information on unearned income, which I presume to be things like my DLA. It also asks for an estimation of the unearned income for the next academic year (I think), but I only know that i'll be getting DLA up to October. What do I do here?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi SLB,

As your DLA will be ending in October and as you aren't aware of any other financial help being given to you in it's place then you should only include any other unearned income on your application.

If you don't have any other incomes you can leave the amounts nil.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi SLB,

As your DLA will be ending in October and as you aren't aware of any other financial help being given to you in it's place then you should only include any other unearned income on your application.

If you don't have any other incomes you can leave the amounts nil.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee
    Thank you!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.