Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I have a few quick questions about medicine. The thing is,I really want to study medicine and I can't see myself doing anything else. I am aware of all the routes into medicine and I have considered the one with a foundation year. Now , these are my GCSE grades:

English Language: B
    English Literature: A
    Mathematics: B
    Biology: B
    Chemistry: B
    Physics: B
    Religious studies : A
    BTEC Diploma in sport: Distinction* (Worth 4A*)
    BTEC Diploma in Public services: Distinction*(worth 4A*)
    National First Certificate in ICT: Distinction (Worth 2A+A*)
    Adult Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 : Pass

My questions are :
    1) If I apply to the 5 year course , providing I get the right A levels (AAA) Will I have a decent chance of getting in?

2) If I apply to the foundation course , providing I get the right A levels (CCC) Will I have a decent chance of getting in?

3)My school did not offer GCSEs when I chose my options in year 9 , therefore I had to stick with BTECs. Will this put me at a disadvantage and if so , will universities consider this and be somewhat sympathetic , since I didn't have a choice....

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea about the grades but I was considering doing medicine after this degree so did a lot of research on it. Maybe if you can get a work experience placement or you do some voluntary work it could help? Voluntary work could be something like; reading to the blind, offering help in activities or feeding in a nursing home or maybe even if you do a sport offer to help a club for free? Try contacting your local hospitals to find out if they have any placements. I know that in Taunton they have a scheme for college students. GOod luck

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.