Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ex just text me after a month watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey there, thought i'd delve into the world of tsr since i graduate soon.

so i have a question. my ex finished me last month, made no contact with her since then. me and my mate and his gf went out the other night, and i tweeted about it. just said i'd been out with some good company. then i went the gym and put a tweet about that. today i said i was going out again. i never tagged anyone in these tweets.

my ex text me asking whether i could make it more obvious that i'm out meeting people.

wtf? no contact for a month, then she contacts me about me having a life?? what??

ReputationRep:
    she misses you

ReputationRep:
    even though she started treating me like absolute dirt around the breakup?

ReputationRep:
    That's what girls usually do after breaking up I think.

If they act otherwise it would not be so cool.

What is more, if she really treat you like a total a**hole, she would not even bother sending you a message

ReputationRep:
    so do i reply to her, or should i leave it? tell her i've been hanging out with mates only?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevie1989)
    hey there, thought i'd delve into the world of tsr since i graduate soon.

so i have a question. my ex finished me last month, made no contact with her since then. me and my mate and his gf went out the other night, and i tweeted about it. just said i'd been out with some good company. then i went the gym and put a tweet about that. today i said i was going out again. i never tagged anyone in these tweets.

my ex text me asking whether i could make it more obvious that i'm out meeting people.

wtf? no contact for a month, then she contacts me about me having a life?? what??

Well, you sound super ****ing cool.

ReputationRep:
    I think she's probably jealous because she thinks you've met someone and she hasn't.

ReputationRep:
    The question is, why do you use ****** twitter?!

ReputationRep:
    I would say leave it

ReputationRep:
    Just leave it, dont reply

ReputationRep:
    I think she is probably jealous at the fact that you are moving on and doing other things. She's probably jealous of you! You could reply to her saying:

What do you mean by that?

or

Have you got a problem with me going out, meeting people, moving on?

I dunno but it might be worth finding out what her problem is or whatever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    Well, you sound super ****ing cool.
    i wasn't, i only used the sauna so was pretty hot.

(Original post by Hypocrism)
    The question is, why do you use ****** twitter?!
    lol. i like it. cba with facebook.

(Original post by HenryD)
    I think she's probably jealous because she thinks you've met someone and she hasn't.
    yeah but my tweets were just about hanging out with mates. would i really go on a date with a girl to a gym?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with not replying.

She's just annoyed because she thought you would spend the next few months in bed crying about how much you miss her.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to reply, I'd tell her to get to **** and mind her own damn business. You have the right to go out and have fun, just cause she isn't doesn't mean you should sacrifice your life!
    She's obviously jealous that you're going out with friends and meeting new people and she probably feels like your trying to rub it in her face that you can live without her quite easily. She's just being immature.

ReputationRep:
    Remove her from twitter or make your tweets private. That will make it obvious that you're not interested in contact with her. Don't bother responding to the text.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie228)
    Remove her from twitter or make your tweets private. That will make it obvious that you're not interested in contact with her. Don't bother responding to the text.
    i can't make my tweets private, i need an open account for prospective employees to check me out. i have a lot of my design work on there. unless i made a new twitter account?

i haven't replied to her, but i don't see why me having a life would make her send that text. it's not as though i've been tweeting "HEY GOT WITH SOME BIRD LAST NIGHT SHE WAS FIT AS WELL". i've just been tweeting about being with friends. and she wanted to end things with me, and i we haven't spoken in a month. i don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    i can't make my tweets private, i need an open account for prospective employees to check me out. i have a lot of my design work on there. unless i made a new twitter account?

i haven't replied to her, but i don't see why me having a life would make her send that text. it's not as though i've been tweeting "HEY GOT WITH SOME BIRD LAST NIGHT SHE WAS FIT AS WELL". i've just been tweeting about being with friends. and she wanted to end things with me, and i we haven't spoken in a month. i don't get it.
    Is this an account for professional life or personal life? From your updates about the gym and going out, it appeared more personal.
    I don't use twitter, but if there is any way you can 'remove' her, do that.

I don't know her or you, so I can't tell you the exact reason. Either she is just being jealous or finding a reason for getting in touch, or she actually thinks you were upset after the break up and tries to convince her you are having fun. It depends how often you update generally, if you always update a lot, it doesn't matter. If you've made more updates recently, or at the very least more personal ones, it can appear that way.

ReputationRep:

Don't reply.

She's just jealous as she must have assumed that, seeing as she ended it, you would be distraught and pining for her trying to get her back which rightly you haven't done.

For that reason to her even though it's not about you getting with other girls, just the fact that you're moving on and enjoying yourself aggravates her.

Basically she's a *****. Ignore her, and carry on what you're doing.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like she's insecure and thinking of the worst scenarios, and she's lashing out now because of it. It's natural if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Don't reply. Great situation to be in

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2013
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.