Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to create a good application for a Waitrose Vacancie ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys

Im posting to try and get an idea of how to make a good impression in a Waitrose application , Im 17 have little work experience (Did a brief 2 months as a Sales Assistant in Clintons) and attend college full time . I would love a job at Waitrose because I would be passionate about continuing the elite reputation Waitrose upholds amongst its customers and competitors , the benefits are all very good also and I would feel exceptionally motivated working there because I would be part of the partnership rather than simply a number .

Time after time I have applied to Waitrose vacancies , about 11 times now , vacancies don't come often . In the Application I try and explain how positive I am , how hard working , understand the need for excellent customer service skills as the customer is always right , how I am prepared to take a flexible approach to hours and work late night shifts , how I am a inovative , creative worker who works well under intense conditions , how I am eager to work for such a well esteemed brand , how I work well as part of a team etc etc etc .

I write to the maximum of each box , which is close to about 200.

Never once have I got to the interview stage !

If anyone out there works for Waitrose , has gotten to the interview stage of the employee process , or has any vague idea of how I could get myself there could you please help me out ? Any feedback / tips are appreciated !

This also counts for other places such as Tescos , Ive applied to about 9 different nearby chains and I havent ever gotten to the interview stage

PS If you could please avoid the " If you cant get a job interview I dont think the job is right for you " useless criticism it would also be kind .

ReputationRep:
    There isn't much help anyone can offer you apart from proofreading your job applications and encouraging you to keep going, I'm afraid. I might have missed something, but I think you've got all the key points.

Also, I agree with you tht not getting an interview isn't necessarily a sign of being useless... http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardia...ffee-job-costa

ReputationRep:
    I recently have interview to do next week, actually . I looked on the website and then looked at the section that says waitrose supermarket. Not going to lie I am in the same position as you still in school, have work experience but not so long and I am seventeen.
    For mine I talked about tending to customers needs. Customers needs, flexibility, punctuality, and working in a team is what they strive to find I believe in Waitrose. When it comes to the value tools answer truthfully. And think would you like to see from an employee.
    I think that's the advice I can you. Only at the group interview stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Waitrose is part of the John Lewis group. It's a company with a rather unusual, and entirely admirable, model of ownership. The people who work there are aware of this and are typically rather proud of it. Certainly the management will be. Read up on it and suggest the company's philosophy as a part of what attracts you to the job. I think they'll like it and certainly it will suggest you as someone who's not just applying for a (any) job, even if that impression perhaps misleads ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lewis_Partnership

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.