Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who remembers playing Crash Bandicoot on the PS1 (or whatever console)? watch

ReputationRep:
    Bought the Crash Trilogy for my psv, dont regret the purchase at all...

theres one thing that is bugging me however... Apart from one cut scene showing cortexs lab and crash escaping, you go straight into the game without much told to you about the story... you essentially start playing straight away..

I dont know if my imagination is messing around with my memory or that im confusing this with some other game, but i could have sworn there should have been more cut scenes giving the story?

does anyone remember a scene where aku aku explains who he is to you? or the scene where the meteorite aku aku was in crashes into the island?

im not sure whether the first game im playing was the actual game i played in the past or some sort of stripped down version. To my knowledge, the game i am using right now only has two cutscenes for the story (one at the beginning and end)

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was maybe the 2nd or 3rd game. Those ones were my favorites anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I loved Crash Bandicoot, the first one might actually have been my first game on the PS1 after making the transition from the Sega and Super Nintendo - and by that I mean that I came home from school one day to find that my Dad had sold them both and used the money to buy a PS1 - Unfortunately I can't say I remember many of the cut scenes, it's been about 16 years :eek3:

Similarly, I bought the original Tomb Raider the other day. It's outrageous how far graphics have advanced, but it's so good

ReputationRep:
    Dunno about the story, I can't really remember.
    I LOVE Crash Bandicoot though! Still got it on my ps3 :P

Really don't know why that was negged haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    Dunno about the story, I can't really remember.
    I LOVE Crash Bandicoot though! Still got it on my ps3 :P
    On a disk? Or is it on the psn store?
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I loved it! My cousin and I didn't have a memory card so we had to keep playing until we finished it. Was raging when my mum tried to make me go home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by College_Dropout)
    PSN store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by College_Dropout)
    Its on the store!

ReputationRep:
    I never really knew the story behind it but I loved the crash bandicoot games... Haven't played them for years now though

ReputationRep:
    Crash Bash was the first game I got!

Then Crash Team Racing,Warped,2,1 some of the gba ones too.

(big fan )

ReputationRep:
    Brought my gamecube games round to my Cousin (whos 6) house a few days ago as he can play them on his wii (he has an Xbox 360 as well), hes now obsessed with Simpsons Hit and Run, boy was that game good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    Its on the store!
    Crash bandicoot all night it is then.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Crash Bandicoot was the first Playstation game I ever played. Misplaced my copy of it over the years. Maybe time to buy another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManBeast)
    I thought that was maybe the 2nd or 3rd game. Those ones were my favorites anyway.
    Fair enough, ill wait till the 2nd/3rd game

ReputationRep:
    Have my PSone set up downstairs and this was one of the first games I played when I plugged it in!

Now playing a lot of Worms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    Have my PSone set up downstairs and this was one of the first games I played when I plugged it in!

Now playing a lot of Worms
    i liked worms, though my first worms game was the first 3d game. as a result, love the 3d, not too much of a fan of the 2d. would be awesome if they made objects more real like. e.g. if you had a wooden tower and you bazooka the bottom, rather than have the tower levitate, let it collapse or tip over (and perhaps cause damage if it landed on top of them)... do the same for buildings if a weak point is struck...

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember either, I only know, that there are some more cut scenes in part 2 and 3.

My roommates and me used the game as a drinking game . We played one of the race levels and for each second you are behind you have to drink a shot In my opinion its the best drinking game ever

ReputationRep:
    i racked up 25 lives yesterday and i lost them all in one level.... the bridge level on the second island...

**** you weak planks+hogs :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Its been far far too long since I played Crash Bandicoot.

I even quite enjoyed the racing version they did ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Me and my brother finished all the levels of Crash 1 2 and 3. I love the music too. My favourite being the music from the Eel Deal level...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 23, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.