Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good Afternoon

I am filling out my student finance form now but am having issues with the passport section.

It asks if I hold a UK passport, I do as I am a British national, however my passport is expired. I tried entering my passport's details anyway but as the expiry date was in 2011, it was declined.

For the question asking whether or not I hold a UK passport, do I select "Yes" or "No"? I do have a UK passport, it's just expired.

When applying for my driving license, even though my passport had expired, I was allowed to send them my expired passport as ID. Will I have to do this with SFE also or do I have to provide other ID?

Thanks,
    Have a great day!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Not,

When a Passport has expired it becomes invalid as a form of identity so although you physically have one it can't be used unfortunately. Just select the 'no' option as you can provide your Birth Certificate instead.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi Not,

When a Passport has expired it becomes invalid as a form of identity so although you physically have one it can't be used unfortunately. Just select the 'no' option as you can provide your Birth Certificate instead.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee
    Ok, thank you
    I will get my certificate back, won't I?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi again toothbrush,

Yes we'll send your Birth Certificate back to you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.