Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what's your opinion about true love ? is it real or fake ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    personally i think it's just a phase & it will fade by time,
    what do you think ?

ReputationRep:
    I think it can be real, but the chances of it are too small to consider it happening to you realistic. What most people consider "true love" is just an illusion they delude themselves with until they see the reality that they have to invest effort and care into their relationship.

ReputationRep:
    how to start an online argument :

Step 1 : express you opinion
    step 2 : wait

ReputationRep:
    It's real.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a hopeless romantic, but I think it's real. It's definitely nice to think so.

ReputationRep:
    Love doesn't exist. Love is a load of bull**** that is used to sell things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's real

Does it even matter? :yawn:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I think it's real, although i do think that many people who claim to have found their "true love" are just trying to convince themselves..when really they are just settling to being in a lasting relationship.

It is real. I would know.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is personally. I feel it may be there to begin with, but it fades. Regardless, can people even define what love is, let alone 'true love'?

ReputationRep:
    Then I'll be like:

''I have 99 problems but having kids is not of them''

ReputationRep:
    i believe in true love, it just a matter of finding the right one, it just takes time.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's real too but it takes a long time to find the right person....But i've already found mine so im happy

ReputationRep:
    Definitely real. Had a crush on a girl since Year 4 (now in Year 12) and it hasn't faded at all. She was my best friend too and I know for a fact that I was in love with her, I ended up telling her but I "wasn't [her] type of guy". Biggest heartbreak I've felt.
    People throw the word around a lot these days, that's why it's lost its value. Especially those fresh into a relationship who think it's true love. True love exists when you find the right person to give it to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaq8)
    what do you think ?

its real. But I guess you have to be careful with because love and attraction can be mixed up or thought to be the same. Love is when you want to spend the rest of your life with someone whereas attraction is just you wanting to get your leg over and pass on genes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaq8)
    what do you think ?
    I believe there is true love, but not everyone will have the luck to experience it. It certainly requires lots of dedication and time.

ReputationRep:
    It can be whatever you want it to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datpiff)
    Love doesn't exist. Love is a load of bull**** that is used to sell things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who hurt you?

ReputationRep:
    I believe it's true, but it needs a lot of work after a while.
    Relationship is another full time job you take when you meet the right person, you must remember it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.