Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

i am new to all this but recently, i reversed into a car in a car park at night (i recently passed). Nothing happened to my car, but there was a slight dent on the other guys car( you can barley see it with eyes you have to touch it to notice it). So i told him ill pay for repair and no need to go to insurance because its not a big deal, he also agreed and also agreed on me providing the garage to fix the dent, so after a day i rang him and told him where to bring the car for repair but he never turned up, and now he's not even picking up the phone either. I think hes going to be greedy and go for a claim. Any advice on what to do now, or what can happen and will my insurance increase.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark-Mc)
    Hey

i am new to all this but recently, i reversed into a car in a car park at night (i recently passed). Nothing happened to my car, but there was a slight dent on the other guys car( you can barley see it with eyes you have to touch it to notice it). So i told him ill pay for repair and no need to go to insurance because its not a big deal, he also agreed and also agreed on me providing the garage to fix the dent, so after a day i rang him and told him where to bring the car for repair but he never turned up, and now he's not even picking up the phone either. I think hes going to be greedy and go for a claim. Any advice on what to do now, or what can happen and will my insurance increase.

Thanks
    Did you give him your insurance details?
    If you didnt, then you would have to get in touch with you to get them surely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Did you give him your insurance details?
    If you didnt, then you would have to get in touch with you to get them surely.
    he took name, address and mobile number, but he did take my picture for some reason , even though i told him not to.

ReputationRep:
    he took name, address and mobile number, but he did take my picture for some reason , even though i told him not to.
    If he didnt get your insurance details, then it would be difficult for him to claim on your insurance. Especially if he didnt get your registration number.
    Id inform your insurance that you had a minor accident, just so that they know about it, for if the other person does decide to kick off or want to claim on your insurance or something. But apart from that, there isnt much you can do if the other person isnt responding to your calls etc. Id wait for him to get back to you, as you have clearly tried but to no avail. If he wants his car sorting, he will get back to you. But if it really is that small anyway, there is a chance he wont be bothered about getting it sorted, especially if he has an old car or something.

ReputationRep:
    Another thing you should do if your ever involved in an accident, always take a picture of the damage with clear evidence of who owns the car e.g. registration in picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Another thing you should do if your ever involved in an accident, always take a picture of the damage with clear evidence of who owns the car e.g. registration in picture.
    I agree.
    Because that way, you can prove what damage was done on the other persons car. You do get the odd person who will go around afterwards saying there is more damage on their car than there actually is (and thay x, y and z parts need fixing) but if they do, the pictures you took at the time will prove otherwise.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.