Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

iPhone 4S Black Screen of death - I've tried everything! Watch

ReputationRep:
    What Happened:
    Basically I was charging my iPhone 4S, and I went into bed and was on the app "The Student Room", then suddenly my phone just appeared to have a black screen.

Please Note:
    • I haven't dropped it.
    • Everything functions, I can recieve calls, listen to music etc.
    • I've tried DFU mode - nothing.
    • I've tried restoring and updating - nothing.
    • I've tried using the hard reset - nothing.

What I think:
    • It's not the actual software, I think i might need to get part of the phone fixed?
    • Is it possible to get apple to fix it (and pay ofc) even if i'm not insured with them?
    • I don't really want to go to a store, I have about 9 months left on this contract before I will upgrade to the next iPhone so I can't really sell it, not that it would sell.

Jailbreak:
    • The phone was jailbroken i was running ios 6.1.1, I don't think this has caused anything considering i literally cannot see anything on my phone and DFU mode didn't work.
    • But the phone has since been restored, so jailbreak has now vanished.

Conclusion:
    Please can someone answer my questions, tell me what they think and what I should do, I pay £41 a month for this so i want to be making full use of this :/

ReputationRep:
    take it to an apple store. they'll charge you for the repair because youre out of warranty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    take it to an apple store. they'll charge you for the repair because youre out of warranty.
    Hmm yeah seems like there is no way around this, I'll go to the apple store and get a quote, but I'd trust them more than some mobile repair shop lol.

Thanks for the info ^_^

ReputationRep:
    In the end apple tried to charge me £136 for a replacement phone.

My mum took it to a shop they put a new screen on for £40 and bam my phone is working.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.