The Student Room Group

so frustrated

This boy told me he likes me and had done for 5-6 months, we kissed (even though i didn't feel completely the same). He then told me he wants to be in a relationship etc... I said no because we're off to university soon and i'd rather not get too involved with someone emotionally because then it would just end very messy. Now i have had time to think, i do quite like him. I went to a party last weekend and drunken text him :frown: and i said i think i am starting to like him... Then he decided to tell me that he was telling a girl the same thing as he said to me too and that he is confused. I am so upset and confused, and really angry with him that he has been saying the same thing to a different girl. I know i shouldn't have been so naive and i really do regret everything now. I don't know what to do, plus i sit next to him in a few classes... What do i do? :frown: I just think i have been put off boys forever now.
Reply 1
I just feel so stupid. He made me feel so good when he was telling me how beautiful i am, and funny and clever and all these things that are nice to hear, but to think he was probably just forwarding these messages makes me feel so worthless. :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
This boy told me he likes me and had done for 5-6 months, we kissed (even though i didn't feel completely the same). He then told me he wants to be in a relationship etc... I said no because we're off to university soon and i'd rather not get too involved with someone emotionally because then it would just end very messy. Now i have had time to think, i do quite like him. I went to a party last weekend and drunken text him :frown: and i said i think i am starting to like him... Then he decided to tell me that he was telling a girl the same thing as he said to me too and that he is confused. I am so upset and confused, and really angry with him that he has been saying the same thing to a different girl. I know i shouldn't have been so naive and i really do regret everything now. I don't know what to do, plus i sit next to him in a few classes... What do i do? :frown: I just think i have been put off boys forever now.

You can't really be angry with him since you turned him down in the first place. He's not going to wait forever, if he's found someone he likes then thats just your tough luck I'm afraid :/
Just wait it out, he might decide that he still likes you more.
Reply 3
He told you he liked you and then you said no, so he has every right to move on. If you'd been interested at the same time who knows what would have happened, so that's certainly no reason to be put off boys forever.
I think you're probably feeling frustrated because you had the chance and you blew it.
Don't worry about it, the past is the past and you did what you thought was right at the time.
You said it yourself, even if you do like him, now is not the best time for a relationship.
He's probably confused about how he feels but that doesn't mean that you aren't pretty and all those things he said.
Hope you feel better Anon, I've been in a similar situation before and it's normal to feel upset about it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
I don't think i made it clear-he was telling this girl the same time as he was telling me he liked me etc (before he asked me if i wanted a relationship)
Reply 6
Is it not just a little bit OTT to suggest he's put you off boys forever?

I think you'll find a lot of boys who tell multiple girls they like them once you go to uni. If you don't play, you will never win. There's not really much to be said except that if the timing wasn't right for you when he wanted it, you can't blame him because you missed your chance.
Reply 7
He may have just been saying that to save face and get the upper hand after your rejection. Immature but possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending