Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am writing new story, fictional. But can't think of anything.. help me. =)

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to write a story if you have nothing to write about?

ReputationRep:
    what genre did you have in mind?

ReputationRep:
    You can't get other people to write things for you. Why would you write a story if you didn't have any creative ideas of your own :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixy95)
    Use your imagination. Look around you and read other books. You can't get other people to think of a plot for you. Lets say if someone gave you one of their ideas and you wrote a book which becomes world famous, would you turn to the same person for some more ideas? No, you wouldn't. Like I said, use your imagination. If you get some ideas, write them down and develop them, and perhaps turn them into characters and a plot for your story.

I can give you advice but I'm sorry, I won't give you ideas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    think about a genre that you like, then think of all the movies or stories that you have saw and then take a part from each story that you like and input your own ideas and you will soon have an idea of what you want to write about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixy95)
    there was this kid, right, who couldn't think of a plot for a novel that she was writing, right. And everyone thought: "who thinks about writing a novel unless they have a plot? she obviously just wants the money."

And they all lived happily after...

ReputationRep:
    No-one can give you something to write about, because then the idea wouldn't be your own. You can ask advice how to plan, but not what to plan

You must have some idea what you want to write about. Even if it's the most basic, vague, abstract thing ever, there still must be some idea you have if you want to sit and write in the first place. Why do you want to write? What has inspired you to want to write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie kay)
    there was this kid, right, who couldn't think of a plot for a novel that she was writing, right. And everyone thought: "who thinks about writing a novel unless they have a plot? she obviously just wants the money."

And they all lived happily after...
    Copyright that shiz before someone steals it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieW)
    Copyright that shiz before someone steals it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I already have! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackS94)
    what genre did you have in mind?
    Thriller.. (

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.