Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys im finding it really stressfull and hard trying to revise all modules of edexcel psychology please can you help i need to get an A in it for my uni im ok with other subjects like chem but with psychology theres so much content im finding it harder then bio! please can you help me

ReputationRep:
    firstly, we can't help you - It is your revision.

I recommend, breaking into small chucks and do a chapter a day, going over it until you understand the content! if you try and do the WHOLE thing, it will increase your anxiety and nothing will sink in!

hope this helps and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    firstly, we can't help you - It is your revision.

I recommend, breaking into small chucks and do a chapter a day, going over it until you understand the content! if you try and do the WHOLE thing, it will increase your anxiety and nothing will sink in!

hope this helps and good luck
    mate im trying but its taken me like 5 hours just to read 4 pages and i have like 500 pages to read for all units. :/ if i just focus on psychology il mess up my other subjects :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craming Revision)
    mate im trying but its taken me like 5 hours just to read 4 pages and i have like 500 pages to read for all units. :/ if i just focus on psychology il mess up my other subjects :/
    I'm also doing unit 4 and i've never heard of anyone having to read a 500 page textbook.
    As it the above said do it bit by bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    I'm also doing unit 4 and i've never heard of anyone having to read a 500 page textbook.
    As it the above said do it bit by bit
    a.s book is 250 pages a2 book is 250 pages :/

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure you don't have to read all 500 pages of both books.

ReputationRep:
    Try looking at other peoples revision.
    Work on knowing the theories, being able to apply the studies. Find the key studies, then expand with your own AO2. Have your generic(gender/cultural/sample bias, ecological validity, mundane realism....) and specific AO2(Like Peter Tripp, supports the theory, his sleep deprivation didn't cause any physical effects but he did have reduced cognitive ability thus supporting the restoration model(I'm hoping I have the right one since I haven't studied it for a while). However the study itself has several criticisms...case study-individual differences(randy gardner)-cultural bias-gender bias-thus undermining the support for the theory), have some IDAs prepared for each study, remember if it's a certain approach particular IDA's can be applied.

Practice questions. Remember AS is less about essays while A2 is more so. Practice makes perfect. Make sure you get the right balance and check model answers. Do past papers. Get your teacher to go through your essays, give feedback. Do some practice write ups for research methods. Make up or do an expeirment with friends, then write it up like a proper experiment, making sure you identify the correct test (Mann Whitney, Spearman rho, Chi Square)

Remember you don't have to know every unit! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keelhaul)
    Try looking at other peoples revision.
    Work on knowing the theories, being able to apply the studies. Find the key studies, then expand with your own AO2. Have your generic(gender/cultural/sample bias, ecological validity, mundane realism....) and specific AO2(Like Peter Tripp, supports the theory, his sleep deprivation didn't cause any physical effects but he did have reduced cognitive ability thus supporting the restoration model(I'm hoping I have the right one since I haven't studied it for a while). However the study itself has several criticisms...case study-individual differences(randy gardner)-cultural bias-gender bias-thus undermining the support for the theory), have some IDAs prepared for each study, remember if it's a certain approach particular IDA's can be applied.

Practice questions. Remember AS is less about essays while A2 is more so. Practice makes perfect. Make sure you get the right balance and check model answers. Do past papers. Get your teacher to go through your essays, give feedback. Do some practice write ups for research methods. Make up or do an expeirment with friends, then write it up like a proper experiment, making sure you identify the correct test (Mann Whitney, Spearman rho, Chi Square)

Remember you don't have to know every unit! Good luck
    Hey thanks so much for the reply! iv spent 1 week doing psychology and so far i only have covered about 4 topics on the A2 clinical :/ its taking really long for everything to sink in im worried i would run out of time

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.