Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    Has been???
    He has more talent than all the bands you could ever name.

Also the long list, do you not know the ones with the ' :confused: ' smiley? eg: Morrissey!!??!!

Glasto: McCartney + Bodger and badger = sounds good, where do i sign up
    yeah i know most of them(like morrisey) but not sure if i like them

and i'm sorry but McCartney had talent before, but he's done now, lost all respect when he tried to change the order to McCartney/Lennon so he could make more money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I dunno a singalong of beatles songs could be quite a laugh (my highlight from last yr was a field of very wasted people singing along to bohemian rhapsody played by the glastonbury town band at 11Am on a sunday morning ...or and everyone singing along to electric 6's radio gaga cover :cool: )

Reading = Gig in a carpark

A festival where you get sent back to your tent at a predetermined time is not a festival
    Electric six are ****ing awful, played at Reading and were a disgrace

Glasto = Hippies in a field, that's not a true fest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    yeah i know most of them(like morrisey) but not sure if i like them

and i'm sorry but McCartney had talent before, but he's done now, lost all respect when he tried to change the order to McCartney/Lennon so he could make more money
    he didn't try to make more money, he doesn't need it, it was agreed years ago between him and John to switch them.

ReputationRep:
    Reading = Gig in a carpark
    Its in a field next to a leisure centre, which happens to have a carpark....

It was Edith Bowman and Colin Murray who said Blink were basically rubbish, although I think I remember Zane Lowe saying similar comments on MTV2.

You're also forgetting that Oasis are meant to be doing Glasto this year, their first festival appearance for yonks.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Electric six are ****ing awful, played at Reading and were a disgrace

Glasto = Hippies in a field, that's not a true fest
    Have you been to glasto?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Its in a field next to a leisure centre, which happens to have a carpark....

It was Edith Bowman and Colin Murray who said Blink were basically rubbish, although I think I remember Zane Lowe saying similar comments on MTV2.

You're also forgetting that Oasis are meant to be doing Glasto this year, their first festival appearance for yonks.
    if Oasis do Glasto I will happily admit that it is the best Festival in the world ever and will have to go to both Glasto and Reading.

never been to glasto cos the bands have never appealed to me
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    if Oasis do Glasto I will happily admit that it is the best Festival in the world ever and will have to go to both Glasto and Reading.

I've never been to Reading because the idea of going to a festival solely for the lineup never appealed to me

Spent most of last yr at glasto in the caberet (comedy tent). And I went to glasto last year on my own (and will be going solo again this year), even if REM played reading and I couldn't find anyone to come with me I wouldn't go there on my own.

Plus Reading is 100% turdis's :yuk:

ReputationRep:
    You go on your own? Thats brave I've always wanted to go to a festival but my mates either dont have the money or arent the type to rough it by camping. I dont think I'd be happy going on my own though.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been to Reading because the idea of going to a festival solely for the lineup never appealed to me

Spent most of last yr at glasto in the caberet (comedy tent). And I went to glasto last year on my own (and will be going solo again this year), even if REM played reading and I couldn't find anyone to come with me I wouldn't go there on my own.

Plus Reading is 100% turdis's :yuk:
    reading has a Comedy Tent as well :cool:
    and the tent with the Kareoke is cool

and also it is an amazing experience, meeting wierd people and just having a great time, best 4 or 5 days of the year

at least we can agree on 1 thing, REM are GODS

ReputationRep:

the bands that play Glasto are usually globally renouned
    eg: Oasis, coldplay, radiohead, Echo & The Bunnymen, the Cure, Smiths,REM, Rolf Harris.

and if Bodger and Badger are there, Reading cannot compare, unless maybe Sooty and Sweep or Gordon the gofer are there.

ReputationRep:
    eg: Oasis, coldplay, radiohead, Echo & The Bunnymen, the Cure, Smiths,REM, Rolf Harris.

and if Bodger and Badger are there, Reading cannot compare, unless maybe Sooty and Sweep or Gordon the gofer are there.
    This is true but coldplay are crap

ReputationRep:

saying that Coldplay are one of the most average bands ever

and i don't wanna start an argument but imo Radiohead are utter shite

admittedly The Cure, REM etc are GODs

but Reading get world reknowned bands as well such as Metallica, Oasis(in the past), Blur, AC/DC etc
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by viviki)
    You go on your own? Thats brave I've always wanted to go to a festival but my mates either dont have the money or arent the type to rough it by camping. I dont think I'd be happy going on my own though.
    My first year (97 at the tender age of 16) I went with a couple of mates (my ex- girlfriend and her ex-boyfriend :eek: ) and although I had a great time they stopped me from watching the shirehorses :mad: and radiohead (I was a fan at the time - ironically last yr I couldn't get far enough away from them). I just feel like other people timetables puts too much pressure on me to let me get the most out of the festival.

I camped with a bunch of people from the e-fests website and made friends with them when I wanted a chat (and it meant there was someone around watching the tent most of the time), and I went to a mini-meet of people from h2g2 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2 - I realise this makes me sound like a complete nerd but to be honest I couldn't care less ) which was good fun too. The rest of the time I bimbled around talking to anyone I wanted to and enjoying myself - if I wanted to eat something I ate, if I wanted to watch a band/see a film/sit in the stone circle wasted I did it, if I fancied an afternoon nap took one.

It was absolutely amazing - I can't wait to do the same thing next year.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Echo & The Bunnymen
    echo and the bunnymen had me in stitches last year (of course it was probably a scouse thing as 99% of the crowd were going :confused: ) :cool:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Oh and to the thread starter - sorry about hijacking the thread....I keep doing this but I can't help it - I'm on my annual hype up to the tickets going on sale (once I've got my ticket I'll calm down again until June starts I promise )

ReputationRep:
    One girl I know and her boyf are applying to be stewards at Glastonbury this year which seems like a good idea.
    Most of my friends are into the worst people ever they like Blue, and Westlife and (god help them) Busted I'm pretty traumatised by this because I could excuse it if they are teenagers but they are 24. Its hideous, and means that we never go and see anything good they try to drag me to things when the only people remotely our age are the 7yr olds mothers
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    but Reading get world reknowned bands as well such as Metallica, Oasis(in the past), Blur, AC/DC etc
    Reading do get some great bands, bands that will undoubtedly never play Glasto.

Partly because of the differences in the way the festivals are run (Mean Fiddler profit making company V non-profit making charity donating Micheal Eavis (admittedly with organisational help from mean fiddler)).

And the fact that Roskilde (can never spell that) frightened St Eavis out of booking any bands which might have a tendency to have a mosh pit.

ReputationRep:
    Reading do get some great bands, bands that will undoubtedly never play Glasto.

Partly because of the differences in the way the festivals are run (Mean Fiddler profit making company V non-profit making charity donating Micheal Eavis (admittedly with organisational help from mean fiddler)).

And the fact that Roskilde (can never spell that) frightened St Eavis out of booking any bands which might have a tendency to have a mosh pit.
    talking of Pits, i remember Reading 2 years ago and The Prodigy(who were awesome) had some of the best mosh pits ever whic was surprising
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    talking of Pits, i remember Reading 2 years ago and The Prodigy(who were awesome) had some of the best mosh pits ever whic was surprising
    Saw the Prodigy in 97 - they were great (even though it was one of the mud years and the power cut out after 5 minutes....better than playing the other stage which sank that year hehehe)

ReputationRep:
    Saw the Prodigy in 97 - they were great (even though it was one of the mud years and the power cut out after 5 minutes....better than playing the other stage which sank that year hehehe)
    How many times have you been?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.