• Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by viviki)
    How many times have you been?
    twice (feels like more).

97 (first yr of the mud), 98 I didn't have the cash, same for 99 and 2000 (although I'm glad I didn't go to 2000 - twice the number of the people it was licenced to hold), 2001 it didn't happen (because of the chaos of 2000) and 2002 I was again skint...plus the intervening years I didn't have anyone to go with.

But then I heard that REM were playing in 2003 and decided to go on my own regardless. Arranged for someone to stay with hubby (no amount of persuading would get him to go - even the disabled camping and disabled loos :rolleyes: ) and spent 6 days of heaven in a field nr Pilton .

There is NOTHING that could prevent me from going every year until St Eavis gives up (and his daughter decides she doesn't want to carry on).

I'm well and truely hooked.

ReputationRep:
    Thats cool i have to go at least once because my dad went in the first two years it was held so hes told me I have to go to uphold family tradition lol.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by viviki)
    Thats cool i have to go at least once because my dad went in the first two years it was held so hes told me I have to go to uphold family tradition lol.
    You might want to get your skates on. St Eavis is promising to retire after 2006 and there are no guarantees that Emily will want to take the whole thing on (plus that's the year the deal with mean fiddler runs out) so it's likely that 2006 will be the last Glastonbury ever

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/i...ST&f=7&t=16811

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.