Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiiii, I was just wondering if any one is going to be doing health studies at Wolverhampton university in September?

Me and my best friend are starting health studies in September and thought it would be nice to get know some people before we started.

So come sayyy heeeeyyy x

ReputationRep:
    Hey Holly I'm not a fresher but I'm a second year doing a placement in Wolverhampton, if you have any questions about Wolverhampton I'll be happy to help Have you and your friend applied for accommodation yet? As you do know you can request to be on the same corridor as each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LepreJohn)
    Hey Holly I'm not a fresher but I'm a second year doing a placement in Wolverhampton, if you have any questions about Wolverhampton I'll be happy to help Have you and your friend applied for accommodation yet? As you do know you can request to be on the same corridor as each other.

Hi thank you I've heard very mixed reviews about Wolverhampton but I'm sure it will be okay. Whats your opinion on it? Yes we have already started to apply and are applying to live near each other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly kymberley)
    Hi thank you I've heard very mixed reviews about Wolverhampton but I'm sure it will be okay. Whats your opinion on it? Yes we have already started to apply and are applying to live near each other
    Before I came to uni as I'm from Ireland I had no knowledge of Wolverhampton only from what I read on google and what I seen during the open day its not as bad as people make it out to be tbh, its got its rough areas but where doesn't as I'm from a rough part well its not really but its pretended in the media as it is so I wouldn't listen to what others say and just take your own out put in it.

The city centre is quite nice the area of halls are is also quite nice I've not really had a problem walking around late at night pissed etc tho like most places I would always stay with a mate encase something happened tho nothing has happened to me.

I've heard of a few horror stories tho from the 2 years I've got being here I've only heard one story of my mate being asked for his phone by some guy but he just rang away and also of a mugging happened on a road near the uni which one of my mates witness from their window but that's the only stories I've heard.

Also late at night I've seen police vans around the city and its not really bad imo but what city doesn't have its crime its a bit naive to say it doesn't have it crimes.

Some of the night life is not as good seeing when oceana closed but I've heard it might be reopening tho I was never a fan of it but only when it closed I did miss it a bit but they are a few good clubs depending what you are into and stuff.

If you have any other questions I'll be happy to help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.