Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does everyone at uni sleep around? Watch

Does it really happen? It seems like people go to uni and have this idea that they HAVE to go crazy and do things, even if it makes them idiots. So do guys and girls just go out and pull someone - is it really that easy?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, the old 'is University like Animal House' question

Sorry, uni is nothing like the meda portrays. You'll probably hate the insane kids in your halls and wish they shut up and chill out post Freshers so you can sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry my friend, you will get your sausage wet.

Oh no it's not about me having sex, it just seems...strange. People who would normally be sensible end up going off the rails, and it seems the only reason is just because it's uni and you have to go off the rails! I was just wondering how accurate my perception is.

ReputationRep:
    Classic 1st year attitude - most 1st years get that impression when they first join, but this lifestyle hits you hard later on in your uni career. But although not everyone does "sleep around" as you term it, there is a fair amount of that going on. A friend of mine got it on with some mature student about 6 years his senior.

I'm not at uni btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not at uni btw
    Like I said, don't fall for this too hard in your 1st year. Yes, there is a lot of stuff going on (fair amount of partying), but not everyone gets involved. The busiest and hardest parties usually happen from October-January each year, before the initial euphoria dies down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Like I said, don't fall for this too hard in your 1st year. Yes, there is a lot of stuff going on (fair amount of partying), but not everyone gets involved. The busiest and hardest parties usually happen from October-January each year, before the initial euphoria dies down.
    There are also quite a few people who think parties and sleeping are dumb ideas so don't do them.

Well, I say quite a few.. I don't know how many there are, but I highly doubt that I'm the only one.

I think what it comes down to is very simple: If you want to 'be a lad' or if you want to party hard, you can, and there will be other like-minded people with whom to do so. But if you don't want to, then there will also be similar people to you.

Universities have thousands of students in, so there's a plentiful range of options in this regard.

ReputationRep:
    I thought they would sleep normally....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    I thought they would sleep normally....
    3rd years don't sleep in beds though. They sleep in libraries next to computers at 3am lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    There are also quite a few people who parties and sleeping are are dumb ideas so don't do them.

Well, I say quite a few.. I don't know how many there are, but I highly doubt that I'm the only one.

I think what it comes down to is very simple: If you want to 'be a lad' or if you want to party hard, you can, and there will be other like-minded people with whom to do so. But if you don't want to, then there will also be similar people to you.

Universities have thousands of students in, so there's a plentiful range of options in this regard.
    Yeah, I agree - at least that's what I've found. I have group of friends who like to go out and to this sort of stuff, but I also hang around with others who don't party. I guess it's all about trying to find the right balance

ReputationRep:
    no, but they try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does it really happen? It seems like people go to uni and have this idea that they HAVE to go crazy and do things, even if it makes them idiots. So do guys and girls just go out and pull someone - is it really that easy?
    It does happen and in my limited experience of friends who have done it, they generally come to regret it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Yeah, I agree - at least that's what I've found. I have group of friends who like to go out and to this sort of stuff, but I also hang around with others who don't party. I guess it's all about trying to find the right balance
    I just realised how badly I worded my post. I'm incredibly tired, it would seem.

ReputationRep:
    Not really depends on the person but some people do think that is okay to sleep around just because they're at uni.

ReputationRep:
    If you're the kind of person who slept around before uni then you'll no doubt carry on.

If you were the kind of shy, quiet person who couldn't pull a rope before uni, let alone a member of the opposite sex, then don't expect that to change any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    Just want to add that the degree of sexual activity you are likely to have upon starting university is negatively correlated with how highly ranked your university is.

Some people do it, some people don't. But it's not as bad as the media portrays.

This post misuses the anonymous function before using anonymously please read the H&R guidelines http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...d_relationship
    s

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does happen. I live with a houemate who is very loose. She must go out strip on the dance floor. She gets more action then me! Heard her say to her friend that she was not happy that some guy didn't want to sleep with her.

(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    It does happen and in my limited experience of friends who have done it, they generally come to regret it.
    Explain more plz?

This post misuses the anon function, before using anonymously please read the H&R guidelines http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._relationships

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.