Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    New phone arrived today; the box didn't have a seal on it> which I thought was very odd.

Just coarried on opening the box and put the phone to charge, the paperwork in the box was very scruffy looking too. The headphones were also missing from the box.

Any ideas as to why they would send me a phone in such condition? Anyone work with phones and know what type of phone they have sent me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim99)
    New phone arrived today; the box didn't have a seal on it> which I thought was very odd.

Just coarried on opening the box and put the phone to charge, the paperwork in the box was very scruffy looking too. The headphones were also missing from the box.

Any ideas as to why they would send me a phone in such condition? Anyone work with phones and know what type of phone they have sent me.
    Just send it back and ask for another. You shouldn't have signed for it but it doesn't matter as you can return it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a refurb phone. Take it back and demand a new one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim99)

It might be a refurb? Did you agree to a refurbished handset?

I'm guessing you ordered this on the phone right?

Ring them up and tell them you want a replacement phone as the seal was broken and parts were missing. They will agree to send a replacement to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackabc)
    Just send it back and ask for another. You shouldn't have signed for it but it doesn't matter as you can return it anyway.
    Had to it was in one of those bags; so didn't see the box till after.

(Original post by sabian92)
    Sounds like a refurb phone. Take it back and demand a new one.
    How dare they; another thing I have to do now. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    It might be a refurb? Did you agree to a refurbished handset?

I'm guessing you ordered this on the phone right?

Ring them up and tell them you want a replacement phone as the seal was broken and parts were missing. They will agree to send a replacement to you.
    yes it was via phone. Tried to call today but they were closed. No, I paid for a brand new phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim99)
    yes it was via phone. Tried to call today but they were closed. No, I paid for a brand new phone.
    Call tomorrow and tell them you want a replacement for the exact same reason you just told us. Just say it wasn't satisfactory and they'll replace it straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim99)
    How dare they; another thing I have to do now. Thanks
    They do take them back if somebody doesn't want them and resell them but you have to explicitly agree you know it's not brand new. If you were offered new and got 2nd hand then I'd go nuts.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.