Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just wondered as to whether there are any students on here currently studying on the Primary Ed degree at Greenwich? I have been offered a place to start in Sept 13 and have been warned by the university that the course is 5 days a week 9am-5pm.. Is this really the case or is this the uni exaggerating? Its just that I have 2 children and am trying to find out how this is all going to work! I am aware that whilst on placement in a school that this may well be the case, but not sure about actual time in lectures?? If someone could show me a sample timetable that would be great just so I have an idea.

Also how is the course? Do u get lots of support? Is the workload overwhelming or manageable? Any info would be much appreciated

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can nobody help with this???

ReputationRep:
    Went to a taster day for this the other day. Several other people were worried but there was a girl who was already on the course with children and said it was okay. First and second year were fine third year a little difficult but had lots of support from the uni.

ReputationRep:
    Hi lawsxx, sorry you haven't had much of a reply!
    i can't help much but wanted to say that I have also been offered a place (yet to accept) to start in sept and have a two year old son. In my interview they said its more 4 days at uni than 2. So I am just looking at it being a full time position, five days a week so will have to put my son in full time nursery. One day is spent in school and I imagine they are not all full days but some weeks may be more intense than others and some day may be lots of self study and time to research or do assignments. This is my view anyway!
    are your children young?
    I am a lone parent so will receive help with childcare costs but then have to make up the difference. If you apply for student finance you can apply for the childcare grant which pays up to £148 a week to registered childcare providers.

holly

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.