Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone else going to be starting at brighton uni this september at the grande parade campus? Also any advice about which halls to apply for or whether its better to get a shared house would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I might be, possibly fine art critical practice (grand parade campus). im deciding between brighton and central saint martins in London. What course are you doing? There are halls about 5 mins from the grande parade , they're about 5 grand a year I think, they look very decent. To be fair, I am comparing it to London, where you pay nearly 10 grand for a shoe box! I thought I'd go into halls the first year because I'd mix with more people outside my course and then decide who I'd flat share with for the second year. Generally flat share is cheaper but I'm not 100% sure for Brighton .

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying, yeh my top two were brighton and saint martins too, but brighton won it for me! I looked at living prices for london and they were so much wore expensive than brighton! Im doing graphics And yeh same i think i would meet more people through halls, but i've read about the halls near grande parade and apparently there are only 300 rooms, so the odds of getting in are quite low.. I'm just worried I'm going to end up with no where to live!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have a few friends already at Brighton and both ended up in shared houses. I would suggest you apply for halls because over 300 students don't get halls when they apply for them at Brighton, so you may as well try for them they're only slightly more expensive than shared housing but that's countering in en-suite/catered and a different atmosphere I suppose. My friends do like their shared houses but are often jealous of the halls especially the ones at Varley park.

Im going this year and have applied for halls and really hope I get them

ReputationRep:
    Hello I may start a course in Brighton this year. I've been accepted but I can't make up my mind to move there. I will need to think about getting a pt job and accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for house share near grande parade or near by surrounding area

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.