Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I cleared out my car tonight and found 3 pairs of heels, about ten pens, bobby pins, paper clips, receipts, artwork, two spoons, CDs and DVDs AND £10.34 in change from different parts of the car.

I now have a snow shovel, umbrella and car cleaning products in the boot. I want to get a box and keep important things in there. What should I have? I need to get a spare tyre sorted.

What do you guys have in your car? What is the most random thing you have?

ReputationRep:
    A K of Coke, 20 wrap, Rizlas, a bong or two, and a Zippo.

Mirror plane in glovebox, and a twenty rolled ready to go.

ReputationRep:
    I do keep my helmet in my Megane though.

ReputationRep:
    this is a funny thread... Trying to find out whose car to rob?

I keep the usual sat nav and phone chargers...
    Spare change
    Ice scraper - which I'm STILL using
    and junk food to snack on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzura)
    this is a funny thread... Trying to find out whose car to rob?

I keep the usual sat nav and phone chargers...
    Spare change
    Ice scraper - which I'm STILL using
    and junk food to snack on

I realised it was going to present me as an opportunist thief gathering info on valuables bit I am genuinely curious.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't even tell you what was in the back of mine at the moment. Aside from the usual food rubbish in the foot wells, there's:

In the driver's door pocket: multi-meter, tissue for oil level checks, case for the head unit fascia, a notebook and pen
    Under the driver's seat: Industrial gauge jump leads
    In the passengers door pocket: rope, a couple of CDs, some bits and pieces
    Glovebox/dash shelf/dash pocket: Sat nav+charger, phone charger, multi-knife, zip ties, spare cables for wiring issues, pliers, spare change, CDs, snake toy, sunglasses, screwdrivers, lots of fun stuff
    Rear door pockets: various bits and pieces, mostly junk
    Boot: Ammo box containing first aid kit, wheel chocks, owner's manual, and a couple of tools, along with in the rest of the boot; my amp+sub, classic car spotlight, fire extinguisher, a few DVDs, a tarpaulin, ratchet straps for the roof rack, bungee netting for the roof rack, bungee cords, a few spare bulbs, spare dizzy cap, spare plugs, a couple of floor mats, tool kit, plug wrench, and loads of other odds and sods including a few more tools. There was a pickaxe in there for a while too, for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (when I did have one)

Pen, paper, loo roll (never know) Jumper bottled water, £5 worth of change

ReputationRep:
    jump leads, service books, oil, screen wash, wd40, iphone charger, and the most important bit being polo's!

ReputationRep:
    Sunglasses!! Always in my car - i had a special cheap pair that live in the glove box so I never have to take them out.

Other than that, a map, an ice scraper, screen wash, a bag of mints/sweets (always), headache tablets. During winter - always a shovel and a duvet too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Receipts, tissues, hairgrips, pins, earrings, lipstick, empty starbucks cups, cans, water, pens, leaves! And mud, Nintendo ds, bangles, brothers school bag, shopping, carrier bags, pay and display tickets, hanging air fresheners, empty sweet and chocolate wrappers, aftershave, socks, jackets, snood

That was all the extra stuff I have when the mess builds up after a while, but I always have;
    A perfume bottle, plenty of munchies and candy, aux wire, Vaseline, hand cream, change, car charger, in the front/glove compartment. And some cushions for passengers.
    And in the boot;
    De icer, the scraper thing, spare pumps and sneakers, emergency hoodie, tyre, blanket, picnic mat lol, carrier bag, jack and tools,

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hand Tools - a few screwdrivers / pliers etc...
    Strop
    Jack and wheel brace
    2 x Socket sets
    Roll of spanners
    Length of copper wire
    An assortment of spares - rotor arm, bulbs, fuses - that kind of thing.
    Spare top and bottom hose
    Spare wheel and apropriate wheel nuts
    Road map

Think that's about it?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't had my car long and the only journey i have really done is to uni and back home, so i don't have much in it but im sure that will build up eventually haha.

I have,
    A small towel haha (don't worry i don't plan to take a random shower somewhere)
    A little cloth
    Empty bottle of de-icer
    Scraper
    My SatNav wire/Charger and Empty Case
    A 'P' Plate
    and some cellotape

Haha

ReputationRep:
    Spare bulbs, jump leads, etc.
    Pair of flat shoes
    Receipts
    Hair ties
    Sunglasses
    Ice scraper
    Tissue for checking oil
    Umbrella
    Change
    Satnav (broken, thankfully I have a decent sense of direction so it's not a problem lol)
    CDs
    Pay and display tickets
    Whatever sweet/ chocolate wrappers my sister leaves in there when I drive her anywhere :mad:
    And probably a load more useless stuff...

ReputationRep:
    In the boot, car cleaning stuff, my latest victim, a football (never know when you might want a kickabout)
    In the front, a cloth, an icescraper, cds the radio front, a bottle of water and a jumper I think.

Some random things!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    De-icer
    Scraper
    CD Case with about 5 cd's in it
    Service book thing
    Bit of paper with my girlfriends mobile number on it (for when I park outside hers and block someone in..which is actually standard practise at hers)
    Iphone connector - to connect it to the radio.
    Remote control for the above.
    £1 for the trollies at Morrisons
    2p which has just collected there
    Pencil

Pretty sure that's it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    I couldn't even tell you what was in the back of mine at the moment. Aside from the usual food rubbish in the foot wells, there's:

In the driver's door pocket: multi-meter, tissue for oil level checks, case for the head unit fascia, a notebook and pen
    In the passengers door pocket: rope, a couple of CDs, some bits and pieces
    Glovebox/dash shelf/dash pocket: Sat nav+charger, phone charger, multi-knife, zip ties, spare cables for wiring issues, pliers, spare change, CDs, snake toy, sunglasses, screwdrivers, lots of fun stuff
    Rear door pockets: various bits and pieces, mostly junk
    Boot: Ammo box containing first aid kit, wheel chocks, owner's manual, and a couple of tools, along with in the rest of the boot; my amp+sub, classic car spotlight, fire extinguisher, a few DVDs, a tarpaulin, ratchet straps for the roof rack, bungee netting for the roof rack, bungee cords, a few spare bulbs, spare dizzy cap, spare plugs, a couple of floor mats, tool kit, plug wrench, and loads of other odds and sods including a few more tools. There was a pickaxe in there for a while too, for some reason.
    Bet the ammo box would give a police officer a fit if they pulled you over before you explained what is actually in it!

(Original post by JC.)
    Hand Tools - a few screwdrivers / pliers etc...
    Strop
    Jack and wheel brace
    2 x Socket sets
    Roll of spanners
    Length of copper wire
    An assortment of spares - rotor arm, bulbs, fuses - that kind of thing.
    Spare top and bottom hose
    Spare wheel and apropriate wheel nuts
    Road map

Think that's about it?
    Can tell you two have had to repair some cars in the past from those lists!

ReputationRep:
    My work iPhone4s, wallet with credit cards, radar system, sunglasses and media stuff - all of which got stolen on Sunday.

Selling the car - not had great luck with it since I bought it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know her name.

ReputationRep:
    A crap load of change and a mountain of receipts, mainly for petrol. Unfortunately, most of the change is shrapnel.

ReputationRep:
    Not much really:
    Subwoofer? (only gets taken out if in need of extra boot space)
    parking permit
    sun glasses
    cloth to check oil
    WD40
    anti freeze (premixed)
    Cable ties.
    Football in the summer
    Map (zee father insists)
    Oil
    Small torch
    And that's about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.