Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So there have been a fair few adaptions of Romeo and Juliet and I was wondering which one everyone thinks is best and whether or not anyone intends on watching the new adaption which should be out in 2013?

ReputationRep:
    My fave is 1968 Romeo and Juliet! I love it I will probably watch the new film
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Looking forward to the new film. But my favourite (and one of my all time fave movies) is the 1996 version

ReputationRep:
    The 96 one has an awesome soundtrack. Decent watch too.

ReputationRep:
    I loved the '96 one(it's the only one I watched though)

I'm not interested in watching another adaption

ReputationRep:
    96 definitely! Watched others but none were that good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love Baz Luhrman's version with leonardo Dicaprio, and I probably will watch the new adaptation to compare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    Looking forward to the new film. But my favourite (and one of my all time fave movies) is the 1996 version
    I loved the 1996 version. Also saw the 1968 and it was so staged that it was ridiculous. Studied both as part of GCSE English Lit and some of the things the director did in the 1996 were really clever

ReputationRep:
    1996 version beats all hands down. Hadn't heard there was a new adaption coming out this year - has it got a trailer yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    1996 version beats all hands down. Hadn't heard there was a new adaption coming out this year - has it got a trailer yet?
    The trailer plays in the cinema but you can't really find it on the internet. It has Douglas Booth (from a mini-series of Great Expectations) and Hailee Steinfeld (I really don't know who she is) as the lead and to make it all oh-so-much better, Ed Westwick (from Gossip Girl and Chalet Girl) as the good old Prince of Cats, Tybalt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofiax0)
    I love Baz Luhrman's version with leonardo Dicaprio, and I probably will watch the new adaptation to compare
    Oh my Lord, Baz Luhrmann in general is absolutely wonderful! I can't wait to watch the Great Gatsby in May!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kgooding)
    The trailer plays in the cinema but you can't really find it on the internet. It has Douglas Booth (from a mini-series of Great Expectations) and Hailee Steinfeld (I really don't know who she is) as the lead and to make it all oh-so-much better, Ed Westwick (from Gossip Girl and Chalet Girl) as the good old Prince of Cats, Tybalt
    I don't know who any of these people are.

It sounds crap to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    The trailer in bad quality

You guys are being a bit harsh on the cast. Hailee Steinfeld, who is playing Juliet, has been nominated for an Oscar before, she was really good in True Grit

Damian Lewis is just awesome.

Paul Giammati is another Oscar nominated actor, I actually watched Ironclad a while back and he was really good in that.

Stellan Skarsgård has been in a lot of good films.

Admittedly I have never heard of the guy playing Romeo though.

The guy doing the screenplay has won an Oscar as well for Gosford Park (awesome film), so I can't see it being too bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I don't know who any of these people are.

It sounds crap to be honest.
    It does look pretty dire to be fair

ReputationRep:
    I like Baz Lurhman's adaptation more tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    '96 version is amazing! Watched it sooo many times
    Didn't know there was a new one coming out, I'm excited now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.