Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wanted to find out if anyone has attended an interview at kings college hospital for trainee dental nurse and how did the interview go.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did, seemed to go OK, however still waiting to know the outcome.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of questions were asked and how intensive was the interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeewally)
    What kind of questions were asked and how intensive was the interview
    Interview is conducted by two of the managers and both will ask you questions.

You will first sit a 20min test, having to put a list of names into alphabetical order then numerical order.

The main questions asked will be,

• Why do want to be a Dental Nurse?
    • What do you know about the role of a Dental Nursing?
    • What do you think would make you a good dental nurse?
    • What do you know about the course?
    • Why King's and what do you hope to gain from training with King's?
    • Why should they choice you?

They may also ask you questions like?

• How would you deal with a Patient such as a child or aggressive patient?
    • Give an example of when you had to work as a team and what do you think the importance of working as a team is?
    • How would you cope with pressure and stress at work?

The main thing is to just be yourself, do your research and make a list of questions to ask at the end.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    When you received your letter inviting you for an interview,did you receive a health questionaire as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, this is standard with any NHS job, if they offer you a place (which I am pleased to say they have for me) you will need to go through a series of checks, Identity, CRB, references and occupational health.

The health questionnaire is for the occupational health check, if you receive a conditional offer you will need to under go health checks which this form is related to. I have my check in July.

Nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Wivazed;42713317]Yes, this is standard with any NHS job, if they offer you a place (which I am pleased to say they have for me) you will need to go through a series of checks, Identity, CRB, references and occupational health.

The health questionnaire is for the occupational health check, if you receive a conditional offer you will need to under go health checks which this form is related to. I have my check in July.

Nothing to worry about.[/Q

How long did you have to wait in between ur interview and recieving your conditional offer letter.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    How long did you wait for your conditional letter after your interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did your interview go and what were you asked? I have one in a few weeks with Kings. Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone have a test before the interview? Got my interview at Kings next weeks, however, need to do a general dental knowledge test before that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.