Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to turn down the brightness in Windows 7 (desktops) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have turned down the brightness and contrast through the buttons on my monitor the lowest it can go, but its not dim enough. I have googled around the place, and it seems that windows 7 for desktops doesn't have any functionality that allows you to turn down the brightness/contrast through the OS? Does anyone know how I can turn my brightness/contrast down further?

thanks,

ben

ReputationRep:
    go to control panel, appearance and personalisation, on the left there should be a menu, click adjust brightness there should be a bar at the bottom where you can adjust the brightness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.M.HUSSAIN)
    go to control panel, appearance and personalisation, on the left there should be a menu, click adjust brightness there should be a bar at the bottom where you can adjust the brightness.
    nope i dont see it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ben)
    nope i dont see it
    In the bottom right of the task bar do you have some graphic option? Like Nvidia/intel control panel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliotttt)
    In the bottom right of the task bar do you have some graphic option? Like Nvidia/intel control panel?
    no its a custom built pc, I have an AMD Radeon 6800 series graphics card, and asrock motherboard 970 (something like that) , and I cant find any info on how to turn the brightness down with any of them

ReputationRep:
    no its a custom built pc, I have an AMD Radeon 6800 series graphics card, and asrock motherboard 970 (something like that) , and I cant find any info on how to turn the brightness down with any of them
    You should have something called amd catalyst control panel. You can change settings on there. It should be in the bottom right already running if you haven't disabled it in msconfig

ReputationRep:
    Elliotttt is right, but if you are using a desktop then it's is more beneficial if you were to turn the brightness down the monitor it self. P.s MsConfig does nothing much, best to use manufacture software.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immyjimmy)
    Elliotttt is right, but if you are using a desktop then it's is more beneficial if you were to turn the brightness down the monitor it self. P.s MsConfig does nothing much, best to use manufacture software.
    Yh i meant that he might of disabled the software from start up.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have turned down the brightness and contrast through the buttons on my monitor the lowest it can go, but its not dim enough. I have googled around the place, and it seems that windows 7 for desktops doesn't have any functionality that allows you to turn down the brightness/contrast through the OS? Does anyone know how I can turn my brightness/contrast down further?

thanks,

ben
    type in "windows mobility centre" in the start menu - that's got a slider where you can change the brightness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rump Steak)
    type in "windows mobility centre" in the start menu - that's got a slider where you can change the brightness
    Not on a laptop here, desktops don't have that. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immyjimmy)
    Not on a laptop here, desktops don't have that. :/
    Really? :eek: Never knew that - Ah well, worth a try!

But really, how can anyone survive without it?! It's my most used program on the start menu :rolleyes: I'm just weird like that I guess....

ReputationRep:

But really, how can anyone survive without it?! It's my most used program on the start menu :rolleyes: I'm just weird like that I guess....
    I survive without it i just use alternatives. :3

ReputationRep:

Your laptop doesn't have brightness adjusters using the Fn key?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Your laptop doesn't have brightness adjusters using the Fn key?
    It does, I just prefer using the windows mobility centre - I normally have it open (but minimised) just because shows the volume and battery percent too it's very convenient

ReputationRep:
    It does, I just prefer using the windows mobility centre - I normally have it open (but minimised) just because shows the volume and battery percent too it's very convenient
    legend.

ReputationRep:
    raj

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raj kishor)
    raj
    stop reviving 4 year old threads you fool
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Thread closed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.