Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a student myself, and I know many students like me struggle to get decent cheap accommodation. My landlord has got en-suite rooms availabke at £375-£400/month all bills included! In June, he will have also Kitchenettes where you will be able to share it with someone else or just by yourself, also with own shower and toilet.

Let me know if you are interested By the way, I am a UWL student. Good Luck to you all!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello :-)

I am looking to start there in September and am so glad you posted this because I was stressing so much about accommodation haha! Which part of Reading are they in? And also, what has the Uni been like in general for you?

Amy.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I will start placement within a week Aww, how could I describe uni...it depends...if you have just left college, you might not find it as stressful as I do, cuz I am a mature student. You have loads of time to write your essays, but you kinda end up living it to last minute

The 1st semester was a discovery and novelties loooong process as everything is new and exciting. We'd go to Paragon 1-2x week +1-2 days at Uni in Reading. Our group had always Tue and Fri off. Loads of spare time in your hands so make sure you use them wisely writting up your essays. Sometimes you might get really frustrated as most lectures require self-directed studying; therefore, you may not have the lecturer available to answer your questions. The IT system takes time to get used to, but you will have a lot of support in this area. The 2nd semester is much more manageable and exciting as you will go on placement. You will have practice and written exams in December, and March/April. Dont worry, practice and ask as many questions as you can during and after lectures, and you will be fine.

The accommodation is located in Northumberland Avenue, which is around 15min-20min from Royal Berkshire Hospital and 20-30min walking to Town Centre/ Fountain House. You have great buses access to town and hospital, but I always walk. There is a Morrisons, Tescos, GP surgery, convenience stores, Gym, Take aways (all sorts), church just 5min-20min walking. Keep in touch, and when the time comes, around August, the landlord will be able to reserve a room for you if available.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Wow Twinker I know this thread is about housing but the bit where you wrote about your experience was quite helpful. I am starting in Sept for adult nursing and got some good insight! Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi this is great to know because I will be staring in September as a mature student doing nursing, I am currently looking for a room to rent in a house with either mature students or professionals, it would be great if you old pass on any information you have.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

My name is Inès and I'm starting at uwl this september 2013 and I am looking for accomodation flat share or house share!

Is anyone also searching?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Twinker!

I'm looking for accomodation double bed with ensuite bathroom.

Could you give me more information?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Twinkle waaw this realy some helpful information. AS I myself have been struggling with accommodation please let me knuw if you find anything. I dnt knuw if the property you are talking Is been taken already but if you could let me know I would appreciate.

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Twinker!

I would like to have more info about that accomodation please!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Twinker! My name is nessa and I'm interested by your ad, could you give me more info please?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi girlies...

Most Rooms are taken but my land lord has another building available. However, I'm not sure how many rooms he's got for rental in the new building, have to give him a call. I think the rooms will be available in September. It's like student halls, in which you share the kitchen (max 5pp per hall) bit different than Uni student halls, but its more affordable. The building has got many kitchens, but you have to use the one from your hall. They are all ensuite, and the kitchens have washing machine and tumble driers, kettle, microwave, cooker w/ oven, fridge, and Internet is included. I think he charges now £400 month, all bills inc. if you are interested, send me a msg, and I will arrange a viewing for you, no agencies fees. ( eurrrgh) the price went up as the new building has everything brand new.Xxxxxxx good luck, I know how stressful it is to find accommodation for the first semester.

ReputationRep:
    They are single, not double. There is a kitchenette available, in which you have a double bed, Nessa, and ensuite shower room as well as a cooking area for yourself. However, this is much more expensive . If you can afford it, then you won't have to share your accommodation with anyone. Not sure how much he charges, but if money is no problem for you, them get in touch. Having said that, the single ones are not too small (I'm happy with it), and are ensuite as well. The location is the same as the one described on my first post. Xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Is this availible for 2014?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.