The Student Room Group

Why is this sexism allowed - Women in Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Erm i'm not sure you are getting it.

Comparing someone who weight-lifts with someone who doesn't is like comparing an apple with a kangaroo, their isn't much point because you have just added the most significant environmental factor you possibly could. That is a bit like comparing the ability of someone who didn't go to school with someone who did.

You don't gain strength or muscle fast because you are female, if you had been born male you would have a higher testosterone level and gain strength faster than your female self.

Are you going to get a 100% perfect divide? Do pretty much any scientific tests get a 100% divide? No. What you would get is a statistically significant result to the question "Are men stronger than women?" It doesn't mean EVERY single man in the world has to be stronger than every single female. Maybe after some sleep later if you choose to reply I might find some studies.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 101
Sorry my bad. Anyway this isn't the forum for me to go into detail on why/why not you might not gain muscle fast.

It means women are not naturally as strong as men, there are variances within each sex but your average male will be stronger than your average female.

I'm sure the most unintelligent people in the world probably have the mental capacity of apes but just because there is some overlap doesn't mean humans are not smarter than apes.
Reply 102
Eurgh.. I guess it depends on your definition of differences between sexes, if you want to go with "divide" where there can be 0 cross over then alright but you don't need a complete divide to show a biological difference between the sexes when it comes to strength.
Original post by betaglucowhat

This is the silly kind of racism we see today. It treats all black people and all white people in all of history as a two single units.

Racism at its finest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending