Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi guys hope you are all well, had a problem with a physics question hope you can help.

Helium gas m=2.0(g) is at an initial temperature T1=100 degreees and initial pressure P1=100000 Pa, and has a volume V1. The gas undergoes isobaric (P=constant) expansion until its volume is doubled V2= 2V1. Molar Specific Heat at constant pressure for Helicum Cp=2.08 J/mol K

a)Final temperature of the gas?

b)work done by the gas?

c)the heat input Q into the gas?

d)What is the change in the thermal energy of the gas (change in E (th) ) ?

I attempted part a) but i didnt know how i could find the Heat Energy Q needed to change the tempeartue of the ideal gas at constant pressure and i did not know how i could find the number of moles (n) for helium either i know the atomic mass from the periodic table but how to i work out the mass of helium? because n=mass/molar mass, these factors prevented me from applying the formula Q=n*Cp*(Change in T), Could you be specific when showing me the method i need to apply, as my understanding of physics and maths is weak.

Thank you, very much appreciated
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.