Turn on thread page Beta

Hey Padfoot!! Check this out!! It's Jesus!! watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.click2houston.com/enterta...53/detail.html

Survey: 'The Passion' May Be Reducing Anti-Semitism

POSTED: 11:11 a.m. EST March 16, 2004

A new poll suggests fears that "The Passion of the Christ" would trigger anti-Semitism were unwarranted.

A nationwide survey conducted for the Institute for Jewish and Community Research finds that 83 percent of Americans familiar with the film say it's made them neither more nor less likely to blame today's Jews for Jesus' crucifixion.

Nine percent said Mel Gibson's film actually has made them less likely to blame today's Jews, while less than 2 percent said they're more likely to fault modern Jews or Jewish institutions.

The Institute's president, Gary Tobin, added that discussion of the issue has probably been good for Christian-Jewish relations.

Film Considered Godsend For Jewish Evangelism

A leader of Jews for Jesus considers "The Passion of the Christ" a Godsend for Jewish evangelism.

Susan Perlman is associate executive director of Jews for Jesus, whose mission is "to make the messiahship of Jesus an unavoidable issue" for the Jewish people.

Perlman said she's confident that Jews are seeing the film for themselves rather than letting a few Jewish critics make up their minds for them.

She added that blaming Jews, or anyone else, for killing Jesus is a non-issue because "He didn't stay dead." Perlman asked, "How can you be blamed for killing someone who is alive?"

Pope Meets With Jim Caviezel
    The Vatican said Pope John Paul II has met with Jim Caviezel, the actor who portrays Jesus in "The Passion of the Christ."

A Vatican spokesman said Caviezel had a brief conversation with the pontiff, who then blessed the devoutly Catholic actor.

Italy's ANSA news agency reported that Caviezel was in Rome for a weekend screening of the film for the Legionairies of Christ, a conservative Catholic group. At Monday's papal audience, ANSA said Caviezel was accompanied by his wife and her parents.

Mel Gibson's dramatization of Jesus' crucifixion has been a huge box-office success, earning an estimated $264 million in the United States and Canada after 19 days in theaters.

Andy Rooney's 'Attack' Prompts Complaints
    "60 Minutes" curmudgeon Andy Rooney's commentary about "The Passion of the Christ" has prompted a record number of angry letters and emails.

CBS said 30,000 complaints have poured in since Rooney called Mel Gibson a "wacko" and a "nut case" that God created by "mistake." The network said that's the most letters ever received in response to a segment on "60 Minutes" in the 34 years it's been on the air.

Rooney read some of the letters on Sunday's program. One viewer said, "Andy Rooney is a nut case, and should be fined and removed for his obnoxious, sarcastic and vicious comments."

------------------------

I told you there was no need to be upset.

Go see the movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronnie Raygun)
    http://www.click2houston.com/enterta...53/detail.html

Survey: 'The Passion' May Be Reducing Anti-Semitism

POSTED: 11:11 a.m. EST March 16, 2004

A new poll suggests fears that "The Passion of the Christ" would trigger anti-Semitism were unwarranted.

A nationwide survey conducted for the Institute for Jewish and Community Research finds that 83 percent of Americans familiar with the film say it's made them neither more nor less likely to blame today's Jews for Jesus' crucifixion.

Nine percent said Mel Gibson's film actually has made them less likely to blame today's Jews, while less than 2 percent said they're more likely to fault modern Jews or Jewish institutions.

The Institute's president, Gary Tobin, added that discussion of the issue has probably been good for Christian-Jewish relations.

Film Considered Godsend For Jewish Evangelism

A leader of Jews for Jesus considers "The Passion of the Christ" a Godsend for Jewish evangelism.

Susan Perlman is associate executive director of Jews for Jesus, whose mission is "to make the messiahship of Jesus an unavoidable issue" for the Jewish people.

Perlman said she's confident that Jews are seeing the film for themselves rather than letting a few Jewish critics make up their minds for them.

She added that blaming Jews, or anyone else, for killing Jesus is a non-issue because "He didn't stay dead." Perlman asked, "How can you be blamed for killing someone who is alive?"

Pope Meets With Jim Caviezel
    The Vatican said Pope John Paul II has met with Jim Caviezel, the actor who portrays Jesus in "The Passion of the Christ."

A Vatican spokesman said Caviezel had a brief conversation with the pontiff, who then blessed the devoutly Catholic actor.

Italy's ANSA news agency reported that Caviezel was in Rome for a weekend screening of the film for the Legionairies of Christ, a conservative Catholic group. At Monday's papal audience, ANSA said Caviezel was accompanied by his wife and her parents.

Mel Gibson's dramatization of Jesus' crucifixion has been a huge box-office success, earning an estimated $264 million in the United States and Canada after 19 days in theaters.

Andy Rooney's 'Attack' Prompts Complaints
    "60 Minutes" curmudgeon Andy Rooney's commentary about "The Passion of the Christ" has prompted a record number of angry letters and emails.

CBS said 30,000 complaints have poured in since Rooney called Mel Gibson a "wacko" and a "nut case" that God created by "mistake." The network said that's the most letters ever received in response to a segment on "60 Minutes" in the 34 years it's been on the air.

Rooney read some of the letters on Sunday's program. One viewer said, "Andy Rooney is a nut case, and should be fined and removed for his obnoxious, sarcastic and vicious comments."

------------------------

I told you there was no need to be upset.

Go see the movie.
    even though we settled this, i still have my views and many others share them, i would never see that movie

ReputationRep:
    I hate it that you are being close minded.....

.....but that's your right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronnie Raygun)
    I hate it that you are being close minded.....

.....but that's your right.
    my friend, i am not being closeminded, i know more people that have walked out of that movie then have stayed to watch it, and i am not joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    my friend, i am not being closeminded, i know more people that have walked out of that movie then have stayed to watch it, and i am not joking
    I read an article by a high level protestant researcher and he said the movie was bs and that it is impossible for the beating to have gone on that long at that level of abuse. But then again i don't trust anything a clergy member says

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2004
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.