Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey this is a bit of a long story so hold tight

I went to Canada for my year abroad last year. Whilst I was there I had a fantastic group of friends, and this guy was part of the group. About a month before i left to come back to the UK, me and this guy started something up and before I knew it, I had to say goodbye. We text and skyped a lot, and then I ended up going to see him in January. Whilst i was there, we were pretty much in a relationship (but never discussed it, because we knew there was no point).

I decided to do a year in Canada after I graduate (will be going out there in September 2013) and spoke to him about it. He asked me if I wanted to properly date if I got my visa and he got really excited, and said I had to come back to his city where I could get a job there. This was about a month ago. And we've spoken since. But i spoke to him on skype the other night, and felt a bit awkward talking about me moving to his city, in case he thought i was 100% moving for him. He is part of the reason why, but I love his city and I would consider getting permanent residency in Canada. After the conversation, I sent him a text saying, "Sorry if things got slightly awkward when we were talking about me moving! I'm bad at expressing what I want to say when Im nervous. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm coming back to Canada for myself, but I would like you to be a part of it ". He then text back saying, "I didnt think it was that awkward :P but yeah ok thats good to clear things up! And yeah you should do whatever you want to do! Its your year. Night! "

My text didnt really come out how i meant it to and now I'm worried that he will think I don't want to be with him when I come out!... I guess you could say we're kind of on hold until I get out there. What do you guys think? Id be greatful for any advice

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you have anything to worry about, your text sounded fine to me! Its kind of awkward, but I guess in future maybe phrase it something like 'I wanted to look at spreading my wings further afield, I love canada and the fact that you'll be there makes it the logical choice (As well as the heartfelt one too obv!)'

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.