Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do so many women want to be treated better than men...? watch

ReputationRep:
    but want to be treated like men at the same time with all the same opportunities etc. They basically want the best of both worlds, do they not realise its either one or the others?

Classsic example, I was speaking to a feminist the other day and I asked her one simply question,' Should women be fighting in the front line?' To which she said 'no' and I said 'why not, equal rights, equal treatment and all that.'

It seems women in the west think they can just 'nit pick' the best of everything like expecting men to do all the approaching/courting and paying for things etc., it doesnt really work like that. I may get panned for this by some of the women here but I couldn't give a ****

ReputationRep:
    Equality is equality. The thing about it is that when we're equal, things like Chivalry die and there is a large group of women who are always moaning about 'why men aren't chivalrous anymore'.

I think there are quite a lot of people (women in particular) who forget what Feminism was about originally. Women fought for the vote and to be seen as equals in the workplace (damn they still are fighting for equality too. How many Female MPs exist again?? :/ ) My main gripe with feminism is the lack of work with men it has done. It should work with men to challenge their views instead of painting them as the devil and evil oppressors.

Damn, there are some women who shouldn't even be paid for on dates and nights out. Splitting the bill would be the fair thing to do. Some women are earning waaaaaaay more than their male counterparts. If you're the one who stacks green and has a lot to spare and the guy is the one who is a bit broke then shouldn't you be taking the guy out for drinks and dinner?

This is modern feminism in a nutshell

ReputationRep:
    Exactly , if there are future wars I expect to see hundreds of women on the front lines while the fathers stay at home and weep .
    I expect to see divorce not **** over men for everything they have.
    I expect women to hold open doors for me.
    I expect women to pay their share on first dates and not pull a face like a rats ass if I propose the idea.

etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
    Exactly , if there are future wars I expect to see hundreds of women on the front lines while the fathers stay at home and weep .
    I expect to see divorce not **** over men for everything they have.
    I expect women to hold open doors for me.
    I expect women to pay their share on first dates and not pull a face like a rats ass if I propose the idea.

etc etc
    I agree, feminism is about equality and respect. I expect a man to hold the door open for me, because I would do the same for him, it's good manners. Same with splitting the bill, would not occur to me to expect a guy to pay for dinner etc. though if they offered is a different matter.

ReputationRep:
    well i think that human rights/opportunities in the work place/all that legal stuff should be equal...

but i also think men should put the pussy on the pedestal and behave like gentlemen... but also be a little rough round the edges. in regards to that it is not EXPECTATION, however. i do not EXPECT a man to pay for my dinner, but it gains him brownie points if he insists.

i also do not understand peoples problem with holding the door open for people. just hold the bloody door open and shut up!! it is called being POLITE. do it for everyone! don't get all pissy about it! it's not like it's hurting you.

anyway you need to realise there is a difference between not being discriminated against in every day life and legal matters... and courtship. in most species, the men are doing the impressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    well i think that human rights/opportunities in the work place/all that legal stuff should be equal...

but i also think men should put the pussy on the pedestal and behave like gentlemen... but also be a little rough round the edges. in regards to that it is not EXPECTATION, however. i do not EXPECT a man to pay for my dinner, but it gains him brownie points if he insists.

i also do not understand peoples problem with holding the door open for people. just hold the bloody door open and shut up!! it is called being POLITE. do it for everyone! don't get all pissy about it! it's not like it's hurting you.

anyway you need to realise there is a difference between not being discriminated against in every day life and legal matters... and courtship. in most species, the men are doing the impressing.
    so do you think women should fight in the front line?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    so do you think women should fight in the front line?
    if it is safe for them to do so and does not pose unreasonable risk to themselves (disproportionate to that of men) and those around them...

ReputationRep:
    if it is safe for them to do so and does not pose unreasonable risk to themselves (disproportionate to that of men) and those around them...
    Im not sure you believe that, besides, front line war is NOT safe, that is the point! WHy is a man's life any more disposable than a woman's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    Im not sure you believe that, besides, front line war is NOT safe, that is the point! WHy is a man's life any more disposable than a woman's?
    lol think what you like, that is my opinion. a man's life is not more disposable than a woman's however equality doesn't mean blindness, women have different strengths to men.

ReputationRep:

Was that a typo?

I think that should say shouldn't.

No man gains anything from putting women on pedestals, there is far more to gain by removing the pedestal. So you willingly want men to lose out and further lower their position in the dating game?

I agree OP. I refuse to a live my life by female obligations like above. You want a gentleman? In order for me to be a gentleman I must treat you as a woman. But seeing as woman = men, I will treat you like I would a man. That's what you want right? Equality.

I am an egalitarian. I believe by definition, feminism is flawed as it focuses solely on woman. Where as I believe we need to focus on the balancing from both women and men.

ReputationRep:
    who cares no one really listens to women anyway. look at angela merkel.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately there's a valid reason why women do not fight on the front line, just as there's a reason why male and female athletes compete separately. The fact remains that women are on the whole weaker than men, and currently the physical fitness standards for a woman to be accepted are lower, precisely because there would be no women in the army otherwise. If you were fighting on the front line, do you really want the person who is supposed to be helping you to be a major pain the backside because she can't keep up?

As for the question in the title, why do so many humans want to be treated better than other humans? Because we are inherently a selfish species who generally care more about our own survival and well being than that of others. In a scenario where someone is getting beaten up on the street, we would hope that someone would help us and yet in general it is unlikely that we would help others. This has been shown countless times. In a scenario where you could potentially blag a free meal, many people would take it, it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman. I was watching some rubbish dating show as I was doing the washing up tonight, where a man went on several dates with a woman he didn't fancy purely because she was rich and said she'd buy him a Maserati. But only women can be golddiggers, right? It's not a case of "women are selfish", but "humans are selfish".

ReputationRep:
    Its because they are scared of pvp! All except glorious orc women so far as they exist and well assed draenei women who hit hard

ReputationRep:

No man should ever put pussy on the pedestal. Doing that you loose respect for yourself. Thats silly. You're on some 1950s ****. Men deserve women who are on their level and love them for them. I don't wanna worship a woman.

Men sometimes forget to have resect for themselves and forget they are the prize and that the whole point of a relationship isn't just to make HER happy. Love is a two way street. Putting a woman on the pedestal is what looses you women and puts you in the friend zone because they know they can milk the guy for everything he's got.

That's why some women stay single. I know a stunning looking woman and I wondered why she's always single. It's simple really: she puts herself on a pedestal, openly criticises men, has a princess complex and has too many expectations.

She's like an expensive sports car - demanding, not practical, out of reach for many, and hard and expensive to maintain... But they look good when you take them down the street. Its cool having the opportunity and feeling privileged by just being able to mess with one once (sort of thing guys like to brag about), but no nice, decent man or man with common sense even is gonna wanna bother being stuck with that long term though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Beings of all species are selfish, but that's part of our primal instinct. We do what we will to survive.

Whatever happened to finding the best mate, survival of the fittest? Bugger equality and think about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The women that complain about the lack of chivalry are the worst (i hear it all the time from girls in real life). The reason why a man being chivalrous back in the day wasn't as bad is because women were discriminated against, i.e. not allowed to work and earn a living so the least a man could do was be chivalrous. But nowadays it doesn't work like that, chivarly died the day women gained equality.

Also I love how feminists always go on about how women are sexually objectified in the media but always forgets to mention how the media portrays men in that regard. For example there was an advert of a supposedly attractive woman (in my opinion she was plain as ****) walking down the street that had all the men staring at her instead of watching where they were going which resulted in the men crashing the cars, walking into lampposts etc. Feminists complained about the ad saying how it was objectifying women. But did they complain about how it was portraying men as bumbling perverted morons that couldn't pay attention at the sight of a woman they found attractivek? No, of course not. It's all these little hypocritical things that piss me off.

Also there's the argument that only women are called sluts, but no one ever mentions that only men are ever called perverts. Or the argument that when women are promiscuous, they're called sluts but men aren't. No one ever mentions the fact that when a man is a virgin after a set age he's a loser, women aren't. I never hear feminists bring up these counter issues I just mentioned. Oh well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)

Also there's the argument that only women are called sluts, but no one ever mentions that only men are ever called perverts. Or the argument that when women are promiscuous, they're called sluts but men aren't. No one ever mentions the fact that when a man is a virgin after a set age he's a loser, women aren't. I never hear feminists bring up these counter issues I just mentioned. Oh well..
    That's about labels that all kinds of people give though isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you high? The battlefield? Safe? Since when has it ever been safe? War is career based purely around killing and Being killed. :facepalm: of course it's dangerous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You don't actually have to do what these women tell you.

You don't have to 'put them on a pedestal'.
    You are not forced to marry one, or even cohabit with one - thus you can protect your wealth.
    You can always request a signature from one prior to entering sexual relations - and you can thus film the signing to confirm that both/all parties are consenting to the act.
    You don't have to pay for one in a restaurant/bar etc. - one this woman simply said 'pay for my drinks'. I refused and was only going to pay my share - when I realized the barman had no intention of collecting her payment, I requested that if he was not going to charge her then I failed to see why I would pay. So the blundering guy basically let me off paying too. Most Western men are likely conditioned to defer to women on such occasions - if you stand up to them and act within appropriate legal frameworks, then there's not alot they can, or will, do.

ReputationRep:
    lol think what you like, that is my opinion. a man's life is not more disposable than a woman's however equality doesn't mean blindness, women have different strengths to men.
    Yes I agree but I think you might be confusing strengths with perks, I can't think off too many things that women can do that men can't and vice versa.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.