Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've firmly accepted my place at Nottingham for 2013 and I can't wait to go. However it was only after I had done so that my boyfriend announced HE wants to go to Nottingham as well, and both of our parents have explicitly said this is something they do not want to happen... He has implied a break up prior to uni but I'm just not sure, as I know he is a lot more inclined towards the freedom of single life than I am... Any hints/tips/advice?!? I'm pretty stuck so anything is welcome!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what were his reasons for wanting to go to nottingham? was it only after you had firmed that he suddenly decided he would aswell?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, he's been to a visit day recently and loved it and we also went to look at it together last year. It's just annoying me because his course (Politics) strikes me as being pretty much the same in all his unis, whereas the Nottingham course was very different from the others I applied to and much much more suited to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenlouisec)
    I'm not sure, he's been to a visit day recently and loved it and we also went to look at it together last year. It's just annoying me because his course (Politics) strikes me as being pretty much the same in all his unis, whereas the Nottingham course was very different from the others I applied to and much much more suited to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I were you I'd speak to him about this. Sit down and tell him exactly how you feel about this and get him to tell you exactly his reasons for choosing that university and what he's expecting to happen when you go to uni. It'll be a weight off your mind if you find out from him directly what's going on! You'll only drive yourself insane not knowing!

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the issue. He's going to Nottingham, so are you. THAT isn't an issue and neither of you should have to change this for the other!
    As for the relationship though, you need to talk about that.

ReputationRep:
    You should both pick whichever uni you like best and **** what anyone else thinks or says.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    You should both pick whichever uni you like best and **** what anyone else thinks or says.
    Sounds like a good idea! At the end of the day if we do both end up going there but decide to split up beforehand/while we're there anyway, there will be so many other students there that we are probably unlikely to come into contact very often anyway! Although I agree we definitely need to talk about our options together in more depth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.