Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Best place to buy stockings and suspenders? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Decided to switch from tights for everyday wear as I'm always tearing them - where can I buy good-quality black/white/nude ones?

ReputationRep:
    Ann summers
    debenhams

ReputationRep:
    NOT Ann Summers - they're ok for bedroom wear, not everyday wear. I would reccomend M&S.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    Decided to switch from tights for everyday wear as I'm always tearing them - where can I buy good-quality black/white/nude ones?
    For suspender belts, M&S are good - http://www.marksandspencer.com/Suspe..._s=left-nav-2- the "sheer" or "low rise" ones, but only come in black... Otherwise stockingshq - http://www.stockingshq.com/suspender...nder-belt-p449 do excellent plain ones in black or white - but more expensive. For everyday wearing MUST get ones with metal clips, plastic ones break!

For stockings, BHS are great for "everyday" thin ones in various colours, the "soft shine" ones are decent quality - http://www.bhs.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stor...fRefinements=2, for opaques or anything else then stockingshq is again the place to look.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    I would say M&S would be the best choice to go for

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ann Summers is rubbish. I bought stockings and a suspender belt from there, came to around 20pounds which isn't bad. However I thought it would at least last me, but the material on the suspender belt broke and the plastic things snapped after about 3 weeks not happy

ReputationRep:
    Hey there

I wear a suspender belt pretty much everyday and my main advice would be to get one that has metal clasps and preferably 6 straps. The metal clasps will help prevent the straps detaching from the stockings and having 6 straps gives an added degree of stay up protection! If you're wearing stockings to school / college / uni etc you don't want to find to find one of them around your ankle!

I have belts from www.touchable.co.uk, www.stockingshq.com and www.stockingsdirect.co.uk

All of these have a great selection and excellent customer service. They are pricier than say Ann Summers or M&S but definitely worth the extra. Oh, the Dita von Tease range in Debrnhams is quite good too.

As Emily says, BHS is good for stockings and M&S are my favourites for everyday wear. I've recently found Primark to be quite good and cheap though as well. Stockingshq also do a good selection of everyday wear stockings and you can filter your search on their website.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry for jumping in on your thread but TSR won't let me start a thread on my own but i have a question: Is it acceptable to wear a suspender belt and stockings everyday even at collage, i'm like you and i want to switch from tights but i feel nower days everyone will just presume your wearing a bedroom only pair and give you a rep you had no intention of getting.

i've found decent 6 to 12 strap belts at stockingHQ as well as some decent stockings from full fashioned seamed ones to opaque ones for like me where you forced to wear black tights and all

again sorry for jumping on your thread

ReputationRep:
    I got my belt from Debenhams. Only worn it once so far but it is really nice. I bought some stockings from mytights.com and house of Fraiser because I wanted seemed stockings and found it hard to find any with a natural tan seem rather than the black.

(Original post by Scottish Silver)
    I'm so sorry for jumping in on your thread but TSR won't let me start a thread on my own but i have a question: Is it acceptable to wear a suspender belt and stockings everyday even at collage, i'm like you and i want to switch from tights but i feel nower days everyone will just presume your wearing a bedroom only pair and give you a rep you had no intention of getting.
    i've found decent 6 to 12 strap belts at stockingHQ as well as some decent stockings from full fashioned seamed ones to opaque ones for like me where you forced to wear black tights and all
    If you keep them hidden then wear them every day, you will only get a reputation if they are seen!

ReputationRep:
    Calzedonia sells quite nice hosiery

ReputationRep:

Hey

Well I wore stockings with a suspender belt for the last few years I was at school and now wear them pretty much everyday at uni. As long as you're not wearing them with with short skirts that show off the tops (unless this is the look you're going for!) and that you find them comfy enough to wear all day (some of my friends have tried and can't stand them) there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't wear them. What you wear as underwear is a matter for you imho. Unless you tell people or have to change in front of others, I don't see why anyone else would know.

Have you actually worn stockings before? If not, I would recommend trying them in short stints before you take the plunge and wear them all day at college.

Bex x

Bex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex94)
    Hey

Well I wore stockings with a suspender belt for the last few years I was at school and now wear them pretty much everyday at uni. As long as you're not wearing them with with short skirts that show off the tops (unless this is the look you're going for!) and that you find them comfy enough to wear all day (some of my friends have tried and can't stand them) there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't wear them. What you wear as underwear is a matter for you imho. Unless you tell people or have to change in front of others, I don't see why anyone else would know.

Have you actually worn stockings before? If not, I would recommend trying them in short stints before you take the plunge and wear them all day at college.

Bex x

Bex

Great help thanx, sadly i live at collage and reptutation has a large impact on every part of your life there so i had to ask, its almost proper cliché from what you to how you act decideds what people will talk with you and what not.

but thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    Great help thanx, sadly i live at collage and reptutation has a large impact on every part of your life there so i had to ask, its almost proper cliché from what you to how you act decideds what people will talk with you and what not.

but thank you very much
    That all sounds a bit cliquey for my liking and a bit sad if people judge you on what you wear. If I were you I'd just wear whatever I was comfortable in and if this happens to be stockings and other people finding out is such a problem, I'd just make sure I never wore them with anything shorter than knee length skirts or dresses and I'd avoid anything remotely floaty on a windy day. Unless you're in dorm rooms I don't know why or how anyone else would find out what sort of undies or hosiery you wore (unless you told people or went round flashing). No-one in my student flat has any idea I wore stockings til I told a couple of them and even then they didn't believe me at first!

ReputationRep:
    Most of mine are from M& S.

ReputationRep:
    My wife bought them from M&V`s mostly..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex94)
    That all sounds a bit cliquey for my liking and a bit sad if people judge you on what you wear. If I were you I'd just wear whatever I was comfortable in and if this happens to be stockings and other people finding out is such a problem, I'd just make sure I never wore them with anything shorter than knee length skirts or dresses and I'd avoid anything remotely floaty on a windy day. Unless you're in dorm rooms I don't know why or how anyone else would find out what sort of undies or hosiery you wore (unless you told people or went round flashing). No-one in my student flat has any idea I wore stockings til I told a couple of them and even then they didn't believe me at first!
    fair dos thanx anyways

ReputationRep:
    For quality I'd goto Marks and Spencer. They have a really good range and are one of the only highstreet shops to sell higher denier (60) stockings which I love wearing to work. I also find they are quite hard to rip and last a very long time in comparison to my tights.

ReputationRep:
    What do u prefer stockings or hold ups

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.